Week 2:Lenoir City vs Loudon

BigDave1967

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure people are giving Lenoir city enough credit. They gave us all we wanted Friday night. Many on here will say penalties, etc. Facts are, after watching the film, most of those were deserved. Lc got some bad penalties as well. But, those that know football see that they outmatched us in the second half. I feel if they had another five minutes, we lose that game.

As for the Loudon game, after watching Loudon and jefferson county play in person, loudon is not the team of the past year. They have many first year starters. The fact that it is in loudon this year helps. But, i think that LC wins and could do so comfortably if loudon plays like they did against jefferson county and at times against greenback Friday. I wasn't impressed after talking to some colleagues at work. I hear greenback's best skill player was out after the first quarter and loudon couldn't pull away after greenback turned ball over at least 5 times.

This lc team is gritty... if we don't take the opening kickoff back, it could be a different outcome. We couldn't move the ball the entire night. Sure we hit a couple big plays, but other than those, we struggled against their d line. . They are some horses.

Will be interesting. Goods luck to both teams and hope for an injury free rivalry game. Alcoa, here we come!

Blountman,

I completely disagree. We couldn't move the ball?????? Yes, we couldn't move the ball because of all the flags. We had alot of good plays nullified by penalties. And I will trust your word that you watched film and saw that some of those penalties were deserved. But some of them were head scratchers. And the refs may have thrown flags on LC too but if they had been watching them as much as they were watching us they would have threw more on them. I will give them credit and say they played better in the 2nd half. But they benefited from a short field and penalties. I also can't see how you came to the conclusion that it might have been a different outcome if there was 5 more minutes in the game. There towards the end our defense stepped up again and dominated them like they had for most of the night.

We had roughly 4-5 big plays. I'm just saying that we need to pump the brakes a touch. I didn't see the run game totals but in sure it was well under 50 for the night. I'm just trying to temper my expectations a touch. Everyone was saying wb by as much as they wanted. .. just didn't see that at all friday. Lc was either much better than anticipated, or we need to pump the brakes. .. just saying

We had roughly 4-5 big plays. I'm just saying that we need to pump the brakes a touch. I didn't see the run game totals but in sure it was well under 50 for the night. I'm just trying to temper my expectations a touch. Everyone was saying wb by as much as they wanted. .. just didn't see that at all friday. LC was either much better than anticipated, or we need to pump the brakes. .. just saying

Our first few series on offense were completely derailed by penalties. And we had a number of plays called back that would have resulted in 1st downs and kept the drives going. As far as rushing goes we had 63 yards, I saw the stats in the paper. I've watched us play Lenoir City everytime we have played them going back to 2009 and it seems like our games with them always end up being sloppy. But I have never seen that many penalties. They have managed to beat us a few times with their special teams. So it was sweet to see us beat them with ours for a change!And I was pleased to see only 1 fumble when we turned the ball over 5+ times a game last year. And I thought our defense played well for the most part. I think we will be OK. We aren't going to see a game the rest of the year with that many penalties. And LC will be competitive in their region. They have consistently had solid teams lately and a few good ones, with last year being the only exception. Edited by Governors91

Agreed... but penalties are a part of the game. Some will be called, some will be missed. .. just part of it. I just want to temper expectations... we can't be outstanding and only win by 4 to what everyone on here except me (now you) to a "terrible" lc team. That lc team as you have said is going to be competitive in their region. I just about guarantee a playoff trip for them.

I guess i just get tired of all of the excuses... penalties, refs, tough plays, coaching, air temp, field conditions, uniform color, etc. .. just gets borderline crazy.

Let the kids play, and accept the outcome.

Our first few series on offense were completely derailed by penalties. And we had a number of plays called back that would have resulted in 1st downs and kept the drives going. As far as rushing goes we had 63 yards, I saw the stats in the paper. I've watched us play Lenoir City everytime we have played them going back to 2009 and it seems like our games with them always end up being sloppy. But I have never seen that many penalties. They have managed to beat us a few times with their special teams. So it was sweet to see us beat them with ours for a change!And I was pleased to see only 1 fumble when we turned the ball over 5+ times a game last year. And I thought our defense played well for the most part. I think we will be OK. We aren't going to see a game the rest of the year with that many penalties. And LC will be competitive in their region. They have consistently had solid teams lately and a few good ones, with last year being the only exception.

We know already it was the refs fault and y'all should have win 42-0 if the refs wouldn't have cheated you. We get it you have said it multiple times now. It is funny how one of your own has a different opinion than you after watching the game film. Maybe he can get you the film

My son was at this game and said this was the worst Loudon has looked in years and I didn't think that was possible to beat from last week. He said Loudon was unorganized the whole game and had often played with less than 11 guys or running someone on late. They reportedly had 9 on kickoff return twice! I was very hesitant on this hire from Midway and now my feelings are confirmed! Loudon will never win under this guys leadership!

My son was at this game and said this was the worst Loudon has looked in years and I didn't think that was possible to beat from last week. He said Loudon was unorganized the whole game and had often played with less than 11 guys or running someone on late. They reportedly had 9 on kickoff return twice! I was very hesitant on this hire from Midway and now my feelings are confirmed! Loudon will never win under this guys leadership!

Loudon will lose to Kingston this year for this first time in years! I see them being below 500. this year with this coaching staff!