Mt. Pleasant @ Fayetteville

Big Bigby

Boy oh Boy you aint a kidding!! JaMarcus could go GET a jump ball. So fun to watch him play.

And a beast to tackle!... A true case of grab him by his ankles or you Ain't gonna get him!... But yeah, QB at that time by the name of Josh Kelley didn't have to be accurate at that time with JaMarcus, just close, putting it up to only where JaMarcus could get it - up high. Throw it up and JaMarcus 95% of the time came back down with it.

Them basketball players for MP being the wide outs for MP football team could really learn from that. Many, many a points scored for mTp back that year utilizing that play.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see what I see.... That's why IMO quick hit pass routes to get the ball out of his hands quickly to MP receivers that has the speed to put distance between themselves and the DB's right off the line. And we all know how hard an inside slant route is hard to defend especially if the receiver jumps to an inside advantage facing the QB on the throw .... MP #38 would not make a good scrambling QB if in trouble, though his roll out deep pass threat he offered against WC in his throw to #10 did look really good.... MP #10 should've never pushed off, he could've simply out jumped your DB for the ball.... Coach would be wise to show them MP young boys some old 2004 footage of JaMarcus Webster in how to be a good jump ball receiver without getting it called back on a penalty. :thumb:

going back to the first game with WC, MtP was trying to hit those slants and quicks and the accuracy was way off, and again in the PC game. missed a couple of wide open slants. if they sure up the accuracy issues, watch out.

Is this MtP team our twin brothers separated at birth?  The Fed'vul Tigers in the Orange and Black also tried some slants and some screens but couldn't put it together.  Did seem to get the tight end involved some though, which I liked.  How about the kicking game?  The O & B's kicker has a monster leg.  He missed a 52 yarder a couple of yards to the left against Huntland, and was dead on with all the PAT's. What you got?

going back to the first game with WC, MtP was trying to hit those slants and quicks and the accuracy was way off, and again in the PC game. missed a couple of wide open slants. if they sure up the accuracy issues, watch out.

Oh so true...mTp can be a deadly team if they can get this worked out quickly. But remember while reading our post, we were talking about MP #38 and not MP #10.... MP #10 looked better throwing the ball in his debut Junior year than he does this year as Senior. Not sure as to why neither, I could say he needs to make sure to plant his feet better than what he's doing, he's seemingly on the move too much while trying to throw. As of now MP #10 is either throwing to high or he's throwing them in the dirt just in front of the receiver. Foot work has a lot to do with that... MP #38 needs to get behind the ball on some of those quick hit slants and let's see what happens... Maybe Coach has tried during practice with the same outcome?.?.. Thus why we don't see it come game time. But during game time MP #38 seems the better, more stable footed, accurate passer, but not a scrambler; #38 would be better off just running straight forward if in trouble as QB, find a hole and hit it hard, cause he can't get the corner. He's built more like a power back but with a nice throwing arm.

Is this MtP team our twin brothers separated at birth? The Fed'vul Tigers in the Orange and Black also tried some slants and some screens but couldn't put it together. Did seem to get the tight end involved some though, which I liked. How about the kicking game? The O & B's kicker has a monster leg. He missed a 52 yarder a couple of yards to the left against Huntland, and was dead on with all the PAT's. What you got?

A work in progress. Extra point attempts are getting better but you won't see mTp try for a 3 point field goal any time soon... Last time mTp had a kicker that good was years ago in a kid named Angel "Mr. Accurate" Jamie.

Edited by Big Bigby

One out for season, I think Sharrer comes back next week. I also heard rumors of a foreign exchange kid trying to get eligible to kick... Not this week though.

Grooms is the one out for the season isn't he?.. Need Sharrer back... A kicker who can get it done would be an awesome addition to the team, especially if he's good enough to add a 3 point capability.:thumb:

Go Tigers!

Edited by Big Bigby

Last two foreign kickers was very successful for mTp..................... Jamie and Ortega..... Ortega hold the record for the longest fg in mTp history

I'd done forgot his name. I knew I'd remembered seeing a real long field goal made by an mTp player, but was pretty sure it wasn't Jamie... Thanks for jogging the memory.