Mt. Pleasant @ Fayetteville

Big Bigby

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know.... Good efforts by both teams though... Each side never quit.

mTp is showing great improvements week after week.

BigBig, I don't know about you but I'm exhausted! Fayetteville seems to park the offense and let the other team tack on points before they start to roll out. Or maybe they start out nervous and need the added pressure to get going. Or maybe the heat and humidity had us discombobulated. Whatever it is it's driving fans and coaches crazy, I'm just glad it didn't go into overtime!

Mt.P played a great game and I hope that your fans were treated well also. If it wasn't for some impressive individual effort by our Tigers, the red and blue might have rolled in this one. But like you said, neither team quit. This is one I'd like to watch again on a big screen, to rewind so many big plays.

Yeah, I know.... Good efforts by both teams though... Each side never quit.

mTp is showing great improvements week after week.

I know a loss hurts but looking at it from the outside it seems MTP is playing much better and playing with a lot of heart and not quitting. I think everybody knew going into this game that it could go either way. Congrats to Fville on a good win and hope MTP keeps digging!

Wow what a great game here from both teams. Sounds like these 2 teams could very well be the #3 & #4 seeds from this Region. IMO.

Bigby what say you?

Who've you got at #2?... I've got Fayetteville there.

mTp could feasibly finish #3 but Huntland and Moore Co. will be challenging.

Huntland/mTp game comes the week right behind the CA game; so will the Tigers possibly be down because of 2 losses back to back (F-ville & CA), or will they stand tall and overcome a possible defeated mentality and play even harder to beat Huntland?

Moore Co. I hate to see at the end of the year. Gives them plenty of time to work out their problems.

I started out with mTp being a top 5 team. My Tigers could be as good as 3rd if they stick it out and play good ball.

Tigers need to be mentally strong through the next 2 weeks... Unless of course mTp beats CA?.. Then it's a whole new seasonal outlook for me.

Edited by Big Bigby

Who've you got at #2?... I've got Fayetteville there.

mTp could feasibly finish #3 but Huntland and Moore Co. will be challenging.

Huntland/mTp game comes the week right behind the CA game; so will the Tigers possibly be down because of 2 losses back to back (F-ville & CA), or will they stand tall and overcome a possible defeated mentality and play even harder to beat Huntland?

Moore Co. I hate to see at the end of the year. Gives them plenty of time to work out their problems.

I started out with mTp being a top 5 team. My Tigers could be as good as 3rd if they stick it out and play good ball.

Tigers need to be mentally strong through the next 2 weeks... Unless of course mTp beats CA?.. Then it's a whole new seasonal outlook for me.

What a game Friday night... take away the turnover and/or bad punt and this is a victory.

I agree with bigby's analysis on how good the tigers can be. I don't think a loss to CA will diminish their resolve too much since they will be the underdogs and most expect them to lose.

Lets Win it, instead.

The punt really hurt putting F-ville on the mTp 20... Easy points and swung the momentum/game in their favor.

I only hope coaches give up on the deep throws. The majority of the them have led to interceptions or loss of down... Develope/call the short routes that will work and has worked. JMO, but mTp looks a little better under center with #38 with play action passing than throwing out of the shotgun... I like what Coach is doing with a mix of things, but that deep pass has just turned out too ugly too often. I know it's most often got to be a threat and tried, but man I cringe even time I see that ball fly high... What beats the dickens outta me is the Tigers are winning the jump contest for the ball as far as jumping higher than the defender, it's just they more often than not don't come down with the ball?.?.? Beats me.

The punt really hurt putting F-ville on the mTp 20... Easy points and swung the momentum/game in their favor.

I only hope coaches give up on the deep throws. The majority of the them have led to interceptions or loss of down... Develope/call the short routes that will work and has worked. JMO, but mTp looks a little better under center with #38 with play action passing than throwing out of the shotgun... I like what Coach is doing with a mix of things, but that deep pass has just turned out too ugly too often. I know it's most often got to be a threat and tried, but man I cringe even time I see that ball fly high... What beats the dickens outta me is the Tigers are winning the jump contest for the ball as far as jumping higher than the defender, it's just they more often than not don't come down with the ball?.?.? Beats me.

I'll admit BigB I was worried coming into the game about your tall receivers, given that earlier last week you mentioned the height and basketball hands they have.  As it turned out, our little shorties handled themselves perfectly fine with them. I only remember one or two bobbles/bad snaps with your QB in the shotgun, and I thought we could have pressured him even more to get him scrambling and not passing.  The one drive-killer interception was a great effort by our safety and the ball batted down in the end zone towards the end of the game was lucky for us.  The receiver was so wide open!  I don't think the ball was underthrown.  All in all I was on the edge of my seat or standing the whole game, alternating b/w cussing and praising. This looks like it will be a good one for a couple of years, or until TSSAA moves everybody again.  Thanks for coming out to The Hill, we're young and small, but have lots of heart!

I'll admit BigB I was worried coming into the game about your tall receivers, given that earlier last week you mentioned the height and basketball hands they have. As it turned out, our little shorties handled themselves perfectly fine with them. I only remember one or two bobbles/bad snaps with your QB in the shotgun, and I thought we could have pressured him even more to get him scrambling and not passing. The one drive-killer interception was a great effort by our safety and the ball batted down in the end zone towards the end of the game was lucky for us. The receiver was so wide open! I don't think the ball was underthrown. All in all I was on the edge of my seat or standing the whole game, alternating b/w cussing and praising. This looks like it will be a good one for a couple of years, or until TSSAA moves everybody again. Thanks for coming out to The Hill, we're young and small, but have lots of heart!

I had a good time.