Hardin Valley 2-1 (1-0) @Dobyns-Bennett 3-1 (1-0)

Indian423

DB fans, thought you all would like to know that Maryville looks very beatable this year. I just left the SH game and really was not all that impressed (despite the score). The Toppers were moving the ball easily against the Rebels until their starting QB was knocked out of the game on their first drive. 

You all have a great shot of getting Maryville this year. I'm not DB fan but I really think you all can beat them.

DB fans, thought you all would like to know that Maryville looks very beatable this year. I just left the SH game and really was not all that impressed (despite the score). The Toppers were moving the ball easily against the Rebels until their starting QB was knocked out of the game on their first drive. 

You all have a great shot of getting Maryville this year. I'm not DB fan but I really think you all can beat them.

Got to win this one before looking at the beast

Wow!! You do know how all the Maryville faithful are all gonna gang up on you now, don't you?

Anyways I was there too and the hill was moving the ball really good with Bedard. That play looked like the one a couple years ago when Chris Cook (DB) got his neck broke against Sevier County, very scary play. For DB to beat Maryville they need a secondary and they don't have one.

11 penalties for 120 yrds. Ball on the 1 inch line getting ready to score and you have not one but two un sportsmanlike penalties backing the ball up to the 30. Run one play and get a holding penalty for another 10 yards. Ball ends up on the 40 yrd. line after having it on the 1 inch line. DB came out dead in the water with only one first down in the first half. I understand the coaches gave them a talking to at half time but don't you think maybe you should of done a little talking before the game. Good grief get your team ready to play. Harden Valley gave us 9 points. Just flat out gave us 9. Well I would give the DB band credit for that last 2 points. The band won the game. Good grief. Can we hire somebody to teach these players the rules of the game? I've never seen anything like it. 

Wow!! You do know how all the Maryville faithful are all gonna gang up on you now, don't you?

Anyways I was there too and the hill was moving the ball really good with Bedard. That play looked like the one a couple years ago when Chris Cook (DB) got his neck broke against Sevier County, very scary play. For DB to beat Maryville they need a secondary and they don't have one.

I'm not scared of Maryville or their little army on this forum. Big deal.

That play where Bedard got hurt tonight was definitely one where I (as well as the rest of the crowd) held my breath. I knew as soon as he went airborne that it wasn't going to end well. I understand he was simply trying to make a play and get in the endzone but he should've just lowered his shoulder there. He may or may not have scored but at least he wouldn't have been injured. The kid's a warrior though and I hate it for him that he did get hurt. I know for a fact that he was really looking forward to the game. You could tell as soon as he went out that every ounce of momentum the Toppers had was gone. The players kind of quit (which was disappointing to see) and the crowd didn't seem into it anymore as well. A very tough night for the Toppers.

With that said, I do believe the Indians can beat Maryville. If they can get their secondary up to speed they can absolutely win that game.

Edited by TFL2001