Bradley Central at Jefferson County

alt1958

Yep Copeland is our offense. We keep all other of the 10 guys off the field. He hikes the ball, runs every run. You should see him juking and jiving 11 unblocked players. He can even thow the ball 40 plus yards and hurries and run and catches it for a 70 yard TD pass!!! He doesn't have a B on his chest, it's a S!!!

Come on folks, get real. Yes, Copeland may be our best player on the team or offense anyways, but he does not do it all. We have the number 2 ranked WR in the Chattanooga/cleveland area and maybe even around the Knox area. We have a pretty good offensive line that helps produce them blocks for our QB to be able to throw and our startin RB when he COMES BACK. He has been injured and didn't play against cleveland and most of the McMinn game and Science Hill. He is a good RB and we don't use Copepland as a runner much when he is there. Yes, Copeland does run a lot, but he is a good spread option reader. He knows when to keep. We have to rely on sophomores and freshman till our starter gets back.Our offense is good. Kinda scary very good to be so young. It's not just Copeland that "wins" the game for us. Our whole WR group is pretty darn good. Young but good.

Now on to a more serious note. Any Jefferson County fellers out there? Where are good places to eat at Gonna have to shut them up Friday and let them know that we deserve to be in the top 10!

Edited by DaChampsAgain

They don't have another who is responsible for their out put on offense . Who throws the ball to the number 2 receiver in the area. Who tucks the ball under and scrambles for 20 yds when they can't get open. Oh yeah. It's the 10 other guys. Nobody said he didn't have help. He's their offense means he's the one that makes it work. . He's good enjoy watching him.

Glad we get him for another year! Hope our RB is back this weekend. It was our freshman and 2 wr winning all these 7 on 7 while Copeland was off at the manning camp lol. All wr gets open most the time. That's Copelands biggest down fall. Seeing the open field. If we come to play we can win. Jefferson will or might be our 1st or 2nd biggest test of the year to see what kind of team we actually have. Shoulda coulda woulda but we had Science Hill easily by 2 TD. Put that mistake on young players. Dropped 2 TD passes that hit them in the chest in the end zone wide open that lead to 0 points after. This is the first year that I'm excited to watch Da Bears play in a few years. They're actually a great team. Just young and mistakes happen. Now if we had a play caller outside of Freeman, than I would love to see this offense. Freeman is the worst play caller in the area!

My 2 cents from a nobody outsider, just kind of intrigued by the larger schools classification:

1. It seems Bradley Central is at least competitive so far, possibly improved over last year before the jump up to super 32. Anyone who has seen them agree or disagree?

2. The QB was good last year, must be improved this year? I see a lot of discussion on him on Coach T and the newspapers in this area. I do know he is an outstanding basketball player as well. I've seen him play both sports.

3. As an old ball coach, I appreciate some of you sticking up for the other 10 (actually 25-30) kids that play. When one is so talented, it seems that others who just strap it up and do their job everyday get passed over. Be sure to celebrate those who may seem insignificant, but actually are incredibly important.

4. I wonder how this Bradley Central team would do back in the previous region? I know they have beaten 3 of the lower rung teams, but how would they compete vs. Ooltewah or Rhea co.? Has anyone seen all of these teams to compare?

Anyway, good luck to Bradley Central and all of the teams in this area. You all represent us well.

My 2 cents from a nobody outsider, just kind of intrigued by the larger schools classification:

1. It seems Bradley Central is at least competitive so far, possibly improved over last year before the jump up to super 32. Anyone who has seen them agree or disagree?

2. The QB was good last year, must be improved this year? I see a lot of discussion on him on Coach T and the newspapers in this area. I do know he is an outstanding basketball player as well. I've seen him play both sports.

3. As an old ball coach, I appreciate some of you sticking up for the other 10 (actually 25-30) kids that play. When one is so talented, it seems that others who just strap it up and do their job everyday get passed over. Be sure to celebrate those who may seem insignificant, but actually are incredibly important.

4. I wonder how this Bradley Central team would do back in the previous region? I know they have beaten 3 of the lower rung teams, but how would they compete vs. Ooltewah or Rhea co.? Has anyone seen all of these teams to compare?

Anyway, good luck to Bradley Central and all of the teams in this area. You all represent us well.

Yes it takes more than just ONE guy to win and be dominate in football. Copeland is great in both sports but better in football. I believe we would compete for the number one spot in our district last year. More than likely the two teams facing each other tonight would win the district, but the bears could surprise. To be so young, the bears really have improved big time. If we can just stay healthy, we would be the talked about team in this super 32. I know we shouldn't even be compared to all these Knox teams we have to face each week. Part of it. Our new D coach has our defense looking at a top notch one ranked Defense. Just young in that area as well and make a lot of crazy mistakes. But it would have been awesome to see the 3 war race between Owt, rhea and Bradley this year.

bradley would probably be 2nd or 3rd in our region. Don't see them beating ooltewah, but they would probably have a chance against Rhea. I say that because I value ooltewah's defense more than I do Rhea's. But yea this Bradley team would be in the mix.

Congrats on the win and prayers for your injured player.

Thank you. This was not the same Bradley team the last 4 weeks. Dropped balls after balls. Even a easy pick 6 dropped. Missed tackles like crazy. Stupid penalties out the butt. They just didn't show up much at all.

Devon has surgery in the morning. Ugh his leg looked bad. Feel for the young man and will be missed bad!

bradley would probably be 2nd or 3rd in our region. Don't see them beating ooltewah, but they would probably have a chance against Rhea. I say that because I value ooltewah's defense more than I do Rhea's. But yea this Bradley team would be in the mix.

I tend to agree, but I think da Bears would give Ooltewah fits. The Owls defensive unit is really really good, but Bradley's offense would be one to make them work for it. Defensively the Bear unit would be tough for Ooltewah as well. This would be a great game this year, and likely a  low scoring affair.