Rain and Passing

festor

Conventional wisdom says that passing teams are hindered more by rain. I have never been accused of either being conventional or having wisdom so I'll challenge. Route runners know where the cut will be made and are running foreward. Defenders must react to to the cut and are running backwards. Biomechanics, physics, and all those other things that I couldn't pass in skule seem to indicate that a receiver would have the advantage on a wet field- that is providing the ball isn't too slick to throw or catch. Perhaps one of the more experienced observers of the game can straighten me out on this one.

passing in the rain or wet field is a big adv. to the offense (if they perform)...the lines blocks or easier b/c the d-line cant run...the rec knows where he is breaking and it is easier to get open...the only thing he cant to is take long steps during breaks...rain only hurts a passing team when the rain is so bad u cant keep ur eyes open or u can barely see

WIND HURTS THE PASSING GAME MORE THEN ANYTHING

as for running the ball in the rain it is a good choice if u o-line is big...they u have to get to their block quick bc it is hard for d-lines to move or push back b/c they start sliding backwards and cant get back upfield...it is also harder to tackle b/c it is slippery and hard to hold on so.....with all that said i am done

rain causes more problems for passing teams primarily because it takes you out of your comfort zone. For teams or players who can still remain confortable,then they can make the rain their ally. But most players in high school arent that well developed yet. Not saying all players but most arent. Running teams that rely on power i or other stait on power running gain a large advantage. Now teams that rely on speed if they are playing a good defense has some problems because the takeoff ability is slowed somewhat.That gives linebackers the time to select the play direction. Hard rain and wind is a passing teams worst nightmare. No matter how developed the player.