Anderson County @ Clinton

dkota44

Last night didn't have anything to do with Coach Kerr. it was a team that decided they weren't gonna lose. Anderson County is young and If you haven't played at AC then you wouldn't understand what those guys have done and what they do to their kids to instill what you saw last night. The Mavs didn't play with that relentless attitude against Oak Ridge or Fulton. It may or may not have changed the score of those two games , but when a team plays like the mavs did in the second half last night, it don't matter what play you have or who your qb is. If Coach Kerr can get this team to the playoffs back to back years, then that is a vast improvement on what you have had the past 15 years. He has finally assembled a staff and has a middle school program doing well and all the whinnying tails come out because they can't beat the mavericks. I can assure you this, it don't matter who is coaching the next three years, AC will have the same mentality. They say it daily. Our WILL over skill. When they don't bring that to games , it isn't davey Gillums fault. He calls the same play against OR as he does any game they play. Teams block and teams tackle and when they win, they win together , and when the lose,they know why and it isn't because the coach needs to be fired.

It wouldn't have mattered how much "will" AC had against us. They were just outgunned point blank period.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't have mattered how much "will" AC had against us. They were just outgunned point blank period.

Exactly! AC didn't do anything special. Clinton is just horrible on defense right now giving up 49 points a game!!!!!! I'll be surprised if they win another game this year. And that's with them playing Lenoir City and Heritage.

Exactly! AC didn't do anything special. Clinton is just horrible on defense right now giving up 49 points a game!!!!!! I'll be surprised if they win another game this year. And that's with them playing Lenoir City and Heritage.

We took any will AC might have had and shot it down really quick. They could hardly move the ball on us. They wouldn't have had 100 yards if we didn't sub late. That's when they got a lot of their yards. And I'm telling you, even though we beat LC bad they're not a bad team. Those kids play hard. I was impressed with their RB's. Those kids run with tenacity.  They beat a good PF team last night on their home field. Yes, they are a much bigger school, but still a good win.

We took any will AC might have had and shot it down really quick. They could hardly move the ball on us. They wouldn't have had 100 yards if we didn't sub late. That's when they got a lot of their yards. And I'm telling you, even though we beat LC bad they're not a bad team. Those kids play hard. I was impressed with their RB's. Those kids run with tenacity. They beat a good PF team last night on their home field. Yes, they are a much bigger school, but still a good win.

I love my dragons, but they are in serious trouble. Any team that can run the ball will run it right down our throats. The 3-5-3 can be an effective defense if you blitz out of it, but we don't blitz out of it enough. 4-6 is the best we can finish and I don't think we will.

I love my dragons, but they are in serious trouble. Any team that can run the ball will run it right down our throats. The 3-5-3 can be an effective defense if you blitz out of it, but we don't blitz out of it enough. 4-6 is the best we can finish and I don't think we will.

I know man. I hate it for y'all. Was actually listening to it on the radio last night and was pulling for y'all believe it or not. I just knew they would win, especially going up 26-7 at the half. I don't care how much "will" AC has. I give them credit for winning, but no excuse to lose that ballgame.

Congratulations to AC for playing a great game! I'm not taking anything away from them or their coaching staff at all. I'm just saying the rest of the teams we play this year will probably do the same thing to us AC did last night. Sad, but probably true.

I see no reason for you not to think that way, but I do think y'all will beat Heritage. They don't have much of a running game. Crossing my fingers lol

You honestly think the offense is a bigger problem than the defense? Smh

I did not say that.  What I said is when you are winning 27-6 and lose.....it is coaching. Obviously the D was good enough to hold them to 6 points in the first half.  However, if the other team runs the ball and controls the clock and your D is on the field too much because your coach does not understand "ball control" then they will be gassed.  

Not to have a running game at this stage in the year is inexcusible and downright poor coaching.

Last night didn't have anything to do with Coach Kerr. it was a team that decided they weren't gonna lose. Anderson County is young and If you haven't played at AC then you wouldn't understand what those guys have done and what they do to their kids to instill what you saw last night. The Mavs didn't play with that relentless attitude against Oak Ridge or Fulton. It may or may not have changed the score of those two games , but when a team plays like the mavs did in the second half last night, it don't matter what play you have or who your qb is. If Coach Kerr can get this team to the playoffs back to back years, then that is a vast improvement on what you have had the past 15 years. He has finally assembled a staff and has a middle school program doing well and all the whinnying tails come out because they can't beat the mavericks. I can assure you this, it don't matter who is coaching the next three years, AC will have the same mentality. They say it daily. Our WILL over skill. When they don't bring that to games , it isn't davey Gillums fault. He calls the same play against OR as he does any game they play. Teams block and teams tackle and when they win, they win together , and when the lose,they know why and it isn't because the coach needs to be fired.

It has EVERYTHING to do with Coaching.  Coach Price would have took that Clinton team and beat the Mavs by 4 touchdowns.  It is a coaches fault to squander a 21 point lead.  Just like Butch Jones vs OK and FL.  Poor coaching.  It is also bad coaching to not have a running game at this point.  It is also poor coaching to be one dimensional on offense.  Why, becasue you put your D out on the filed for too long. Plain and smiple  he  cant coach and it is a shame for the kids.

We dont need to here any of your raw raw Mavs  BS.  Kerr handed the game to you.  If you were so good you would not have got the brakes beat off of you by Greenevill, OR and Fulton.

OlHickory is correct, it would not have mattered. The Mavs did not give this performance as they did with OR. Whither it mattered or not. Clinton has been moving up and they will get better. AC was on a mission the second half and it would have been hard to stop them regardless. Coach Kerr is a good Coach and has gradually moved Clinton back up each year. Restructuring a program does not happen overnight.

It has EVERYTHING to do with Coaching.  Coach Price would have took that Clinton team and beat the Mavs by 4 touchdowns.  It is a coaches fault to squander a 21 point lead.  Just like Butch Jones vs OK and FL.  Poor coaching.  It is also bad coaching to not have a running game at this point.  It is also poor coaching to be one dimensional on offense.  Why, becasue you put your D out on the filed for too long. Plain and smiple  he  cant coach and it is a shame for the kids.

We dont need to here any of your raw raw Mavs  BS.  Kerr handed the game to you.  If you were so good you would not have got the brakes beat off of you by Greenevill, OR and Fulton.

LOL Coach Price has never beat the Mavericks. Last year the Mavs embarrassed the Cougars with a 35-14 and that did not include a Mavs fumble in the endzone. Come on man! Under Clinton it would have been much worse.

Edited by Seahawks2016

LOL Coach Price has never beat the Mavericks. Last year the Mavs embarrassed the Cougars with a 35-14 and that did not include a Mavs fumble in the endzone. Come on man! Under Clinton it would have been much worse.

That was last year.  I stated: if Price was calling plays for Clinton he would have taken that same Dragon team and beat the current Mavs by 4 touchdowns. And certainly would not have blown a 21 point lead. That is the coaching difference between Kerr and Price.  Are you telling me  your great Mav team would came back down 21-6 to Clinton last night if Price, or let's say Maryvilles Coach was on the other side line as the Dragon Coach?   You probably think Butch Jones had a great day today in the Swamp.