Cannon county worst coached team?

owls1

As my old coach told me one time "It is hard to put on a circus if you don't have the animals".But if you can coach you can take your team and beat his team and take his team and beat your team. Which one is more true that is the great question.If your coach has both of these things going on  raise their pay and hope to keep them. 

Haha I'm not 'smitten' with Trapp. I'd say he's a good coach, above average. We never have a ton of talent overall. He gets a lot out of what he's got to work with. Not a great coach by any means IMO, but certainly not a bad one either.

That's the point. Most in this area don't have a ton of talent but can get the most out of what they got. Is CC doing that? I don't think so from what I've seen and heard. You can't tell me a school the size of CC can't compete with RBS and the likes.

What type of environment is it?  Could someone come in and change the culture or would it be more of the same in 3-4 years?

To me the thing that kills it more than anything is the lack of a Middle School and none of the six K-8 schools do not offer football only basketball. The County wide 6-8 th grade team only had like 14 players but there are maybe that many boys at every school that want to play basketball but why not ,they get to play for their School.

Who every is coaching at the high school is behind just about everyone else that they have to play. Even RBS has a middle school team and Cannon may have as six times the students. Many other problems,  can it be changed, sure it can. But you will have to change the way many people think. which is harder than winning games.

In some places it is the most difficult thing to do. In others people welcome a change with open arms and it is easier than one would think.  So as an outsider looking in, which is Cannon County?  Do they say we are tired of losing and welcome change, or do they say well at least basketball is good and keep the status quo?

This topic and subject can go on forever, look at the history they have never been good with the exception of one year. Have they been competitive sure they have in games, but that gets you nothing, it's the area and dynamics basketball is the sport in Woodbury always has been and always will be, end of story.

Hope the layers that got hurt get better soon and don't miss to much round all for the lions sure rigsby is sick at his stomach right now,

Edited by secretagentman

It's like I have always said about teams that are historically always bad. Football has to be important for the culture and attitude to change. Starting from the youth leagues on up. First of all, you have to hire a coach that knows how to win at a school with a minimum amount of athletes. You have to allow him to hire the assistants he wants to hire. You need to ensure that there is an athletic PE for the last class of the day for athletes. You need to get former players and the community involved in the program in some form or fashion. You need to have a very good "Athletic Club" with a strong president who can get fund raisers set up and make things happen and help improve the facilities, uniforms, etc. It takes a complete change in the culture of football to change a program. I personally don't think Cannon has any interest in making these things happen.

Players and athletes make coaches not the other way around. Can only do so much with what he has.[/quote

I'm not calling for anyone to lose their job here, but that Mr BooWho may be one of the most ridiculous statements I've read here on the T.

If that was the case, then we should just have high school players Coach?

Yes, Jimmys and Joes...blah, blah, blah, but never underestimate the power of someone's ability as a leader to turn a program around and on the flip side the inability.

And on of the most pathetic things that I have seen is for a group of individuals to get on here and bash a coach who is busting his butt for a school that puts no emphasis of football, for a system that allows no feeder, for a bunch of parents that do not appreciate nor have any clue what it takes to be successful in football.  Football is not easy and not played in an air conditioned gym takes special young men to handle it