Sequatchie Co vs Dekalb Co

SCHS41

Slow down... One week at a time, you seen what happened when the Team overlooked Macon. Lets take care of Grundy before we worry about Upperman.

Macon is actually a good team. Grundy is not a good team. I highly doubt you see our team come out unfocused in any game from here on out.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

IF Upperman beats us next week I'll be praying they beat the Squatch too. DC can't be crowned region champs if there is a 3 way tie for first. Squatch would win the region if DC loses to Upperman and then Squatch beats Upperman. This is because Squatch would have the best record of the 3 teams assuming yall beat Warren County. Squatch would be 1st, Upperman 2nd, and DC 3rd.

IF Upperman beats both of our teams then they would obviously be region champs. I believe DC would take 2nd even with an overall worse record than SC due to us beating the Squatch head to head. 

I just checked the TSSAA tie breaking methods/procedures, an I am about 100% positive I'm understanding them correctly. I'm just trying to inform everyone on all the possible outcomes or scenarios. 

Hopefully DC just takes care of business versus Upperman and wins our very first region/district title EVER. If not GO BEE'S haha. I just really want to see DC host atleast 1 playoff game. It will be extremely hard for any of our region teams to advance past the first round if playing on the road in round UNO.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I seen somebody ask about our programs history in this thread. Since our two teams will be playing each other regularly for the foreseeable future, I figured I'd give yall Squatch fans a brief summary of my programs history. Hopefully one of yall Squatch fans will return the favor because we DC folks don't know much about yalls team either.

My beloved program pretty much has an awful past history overall. We have had nine total coaches in DeKalb County High Schools history. Coach Wayne 'Buttermilk' Cantrell was our longest tenured coach by putting in 28 years as head coach. He went 124-148-3 overall. He was basically our coach from 1971-2004. From '96 until '01 we had two different coaches though, and then in '02 Cantrell came back to start his 26th year because nobody else wanted the job unfortunately lol.

We had two .500 seasons in our early history (1963-70), all other seasons were in losing fashion . The 70's only produced four winning seasons, two six win seasons, and two nine win years as well.

From 1980 to 1990 was a lot better. Two five win seasons, one eight win season, and we made the playoffs for the first time ever. That was '85, and we lost to Marion County 40-0. We then had another eight wins in '86 and lost to Marion County once again in the playoffs that year 42-21. In '87 we went 7-4 and lost a bowl game. In '88 we went 8-3 and lost to the Squatch 32-13 in the playoffs. In '89 we went 5-5, an in '90 we went 7-4 and lost a bowl game versus Grundy County 21-20. 

From 1991 until 2007 we only had one winning season which came in '99. We went to a bowl game that year and finished 7-4. In '96 we did make the playoffs, but with only three wins LOL. That was Coach Trapps senior year of HS I believe.

Before Trapp was hired in 2005 we had a bit of a coaching controversy. He wasn't our first choice. We originally hired a local HS teacher by the name of Anthony Fuller. He quit on us players as our head coach literally TWO freaking weeks before our opening game versus Warren County. They slaughtered us in that long night. We practically couldn't even line up straight in that game. From '05-'07 we only won three games in Trapp's first three years as coach. 0-10 in 2005, 1-9 in '06, and 2-9 in '07.

In Trapps fourth year as coach (2008), we finally got things turned around thankfully with a 9-3 record and first EVER playoff win. Since '08 we've only had one losing season and made the playoffs six out of seven years, and will surely have another winning season and playoff appearance this year too.

Our program is currently 216-311-7 overall. 2-3 in bowl games. 3-10 in the playoffs. Coach Trapp is in his 11th year as head coach and has a 56-60 overall record thus far. After next season he should have an above .500 winning percentage by a few games. He would then become our first coach ever with a overall winning record.

I hope yall enjoy this brief summary. I put a good bit of time into this due to verifying everything I stated is correct. I then put another good bit of time actually getting it all together and posting it all on here. A little over a hour all in all went into this one post alone. I know I would really enjoy hearing yall's history. I imagine it's a bit more rich than ours.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN