Prep Football Talk (Week 7)

cnote

Join Greg Pogue, Bubba Spears and Craig Ladd Saturday morning at 8a for Prep Football Talk on Nashville Sports Radio 560-AM/95.9-FM. We will recap tonight's action, talk to the Player of the Week LaVergne's Maleik Gray and Coach Stanton Stevens and Legend of the Game former Shelbyville and Vanderbilt QB Whit Taylor. We will also preview the big matchups for Week 8.

WOW

Very little bad here--except one thing I wish The Rebs could improve on. Too many missed tackles. Have noticed that lots of times a player is in position to tackle for a loss but the runner jukes  and the tackler whizzes on by.Check it out. I suggest a little less speed and getting set for the tackle . Also- the D-B quarterback was able to elude the defense while seeming  about to be sacked. 3 or 5 guys chasing and the qb still making the play. Does the defense have to be all on one side? I recall one game with Brentwood Academy Ted Wilson had the defensive ends in a pincer movement--had the qb boxed in. Won the game. Here's some history for you. --don't recall Brentwood ever beating Maryville. Big rivalry those days.

These are just my opinions -feel free to give me the digit.

Anyway , hard to see how anyone could fault the Rebs on anything in that game.