Wayne County @ Houston County

wildcat89

These WC young men wont give up, and won't be intimidated, and as far as we care, y'all can bring some refs so you won't have any excuse like someone said about us not having any excuses! Has HHS had alot of penalties this year?

Yes we have...at the beginning of the year it was the hotheads on the team getting unsportsmanlike penalties...I hope those kids have learned their lesson...lately it's been kids just being aggressive and trying to help the team when they don't need to...several block in the back penalties when there wasn't any need for it..hope we get them all cleaned up before playoff time Edited by ZEBRA35

Need to play 1 more week before WC host Huntingdon.   WC will go as Rice goes and we have seen if he isn't in the game then WC is very Weak Weak Weak.     Huntingdon will run run run and run some more  until WC gives up TD, TD ,TD and more TD's on the ground   So both sides  are  proud of their teams and it will be fun to watch and it looks like this region will have two very good teams in the post season.

Please find some good Referees for this game.  what we have seen so far on that side of the river is a crime.  made up calls and refs that don't know what holding is.  If a player runs over a defender it isn't holding it is a pancake.  call the area director of the referees and get them to send their state crew to this game.  Its a outcry and an embarrassment to get out there and make up calls just to help the other team. Or Home Team.   I understand the false starts or encroachments,facemask and personnel falses and last hits but some of these pass interference calls are cheap and are only make up calls.   COME ON MAN........

This guy makes a great point....

My biggest concern for the H'don / WC game is that it gets hosed by bad officiating.

Clearly, WC exists on the wrong side of the river for them to truly be a good football team (insert sarcasm & eye-roll, here).  Sadly, that is the bias (even of the officiating crews) coming out of West Tennessee.

And while the bias may have a basis in reality, we will never know if the stages of these middle/west match-ups don't get set properly with objective officiating.

Frankly, I have a hard time trusting the legitimacy of all these inflated points-per-game comparisons I hear coming out of Huntingdon because I know that Huntingdon doesn't score all those points by themselves every week.

Hopefully it will be a Middle Tennessee crew who can see past such bias and who respects both teams.  It would be a shame if we never really get to find out which of these teams is better.  But I could see it happening if another biased crew shows up & bows to the almighty Mustang fan-base.  Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

Genuinely concerned about this...not just venting.

Yes we have...at the beginning of the year it was the hotheads on the team getting unsportsmanlike penalties...I hope those kids have learned their lesson...lately it's been kids just being aggressive and trying to help the team when they don't need to...several block in the back penalties when there wasn't any need for it..hope we get them all cleaned up before playoff time

Huntingdon is physically superior to everyone in the region including WC.  But WC's explosive play potential & game-management savvy is a wild-card in this one.

WC also plays a very clean game--pristine even in sloppy weather.

Huntingdon had TONS of penalties to clean up--the many that have gotten called and many more that have not been called by West Tennessee Home Cooking.

And Huntingdon really does have an issue with ball-security.  Yeah, they recover a lot of their own fumbles--cuz they are laying on top of every defender who might otherwise recover those loose balls, or cuz their officials can find a way to give it back to them after their opponents recover.

Not rooting for either team.  I like how the strengths & weaknesses of each can cause this one to play either way!

But I truly want to see it officiated well and I chuckle every time a H'don fan downplays the Mustangs issues with penalties and ball-security.  Too much pride precipitates a fall.

Huntingdon is physically superior to everyone in the region including WC. But WC's explosive play potential & game-management savvy is a wild-card in this one.

Huntingdon had TONS of penalties to clean up--the many that have gotten called and many more that have not been called by West Tennessee Home Cooking.

And Huntingdon really does have an issue with ball-security. Yeah, they recover a lot of their own fumbles--cuz they are laying on top of every defender who might otherwise recover those loose balls, or cuz their officials can find a way to give it back to them after their opponents recover.

Not rooting for either team. I like how the strengths & weaknesses of each can cause this one to play either way!

But I truly want to see it officiated well and I chuckle every time a H'don fan downplays the Mustangs issues with penalties and ball-security. Too much pride precipitates a fall.

Thanks for the anaylsis. Good to hear from someone who has played/seen both teams.

Huntingdon is physically superior to everyone in the region including WC. But WC's explosive play potential & game-management savvy is a wild-card in this one.

And Huntingdon really does have an issue with ball-security. Yeah, they recover a lot of their own fumbles--cuz they are laying on top of every defender who might otherwise recover those loose balls, or cuz their officials can find a way to give it back to them after their opponents recover.

Not rooting for either team. I like how the strengths & weaknesses of each can cause this one to play either way!

But I truly want to see it officiated well and I chuckle every time a H'don fan downplays the Mustangs issues with penalties and ball-security. Too much pride precipitates a fall.

WC will match them in the physical category in my opinion, but I may be wrong. Also WC plays clean football and I don't have much gripes with the officiating we have had so far. Most of the calls have been correct, some I disagree with and some I think we're bad calls against our opponents but overall our games have been called fair both ways. HC played the most physical than anybody we've faced so far just don't have the skill players to take it to the next level. As for Huntingdon, I think it will be a high scoring game with the team making the most mistakes losing. I've tried to be humble and not want to come off cocky but those Huntingdon boys won't let up so here's what I think, Huntingdon can't stop WC from scoring, I think WC will stop them enough to pull away by 7-10 points in the end. Now with that said, it's not to ruffle feathers, it's just my honest opinion and I been watching high school football for going on 30 years.

Game is in Waynesboro so it will be whatever association services that school which will be to WC advantage...as far as fumbles we had our 1st turnover of the year in the rain last week at McEwen..the other fumbles have been by freshman in blowouts so that point is incorrect...Wayne Co will not stop Huntingdon offense and Huntingdon probably will not stop WC offense...whoever controls the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball will win the game...I believe Huntingdon will overpower Wayne Co and I will believe that for the rest of the year until someone punches us back after we hit you in the mouth...1 more week!

Game is in Waynesboro so it will be whatever association services that school which will be to WC advantage...as far as fumbles we had our 1st turnover of the year in the rain last week at McEwen..the other fumbles have been by freshman in blowouts so that point is incorrect...Wayne Co will not stop Huntingdon offense and Huntingdon probably will not stop WC offense...whoever controls the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball will win the game...I believe Huntingdon will overpower Wayne Co and I will believe that for the rest of the year until someone punches us back after we hit you in the mouth...1 more week!

I hate to correct you, sir.  But Huntingdon varsity fumbled the ball 5 times vs. HC.  We recovered three of them.  And two were given back to Huntingdon by mis-rulings of the officials.  Remember the opening kickoff of our game and the (phantom) inadvertent whistle?  That was the first and most obvious.  The one of the five that for sure was allowed to stand was on one of the early Huntingdon drives.  HC took over after the fumble recovery with our best field position of the night (near Huntingdon's 30 going in).  Three plays later, a Huntingdon defender was permitted to hitch a piggy-back ride on our TE who had a step and would have caught the on-target pass in the red-zone.  One play later, you intercepted a pass deflected off the hands of one of our TBs on a screen play and took it to the house for a pick-6.  I remember it very well.  Your claim is not substantiated.  And I can support mine with film.  Thank you.

If there's one thing you can count on it's that Huntingdon will get punched in the mouth starting with the opening kickoff. One thing I have noticed in our new region is that the teams in the west aren't as physical as our old middle tn teams were. The only really physical team that WC has faced in the past few years from the west is UC and you can see how they're doing less physical teams.

Oh, yeah. It was a great week for Mustang football. Y'all killed us. 55-14

49-0 at halftime...if you wanna hang your hat on that...whatever that means with so many blown calls.

Thanks for making my point by changing the subject ;)

HC came in on cloud 9 and the refs blew the kickoff for sure but 49-0. Can't blame that on the Zebra. Or ZEBRA35. LOL. 1 take away wouldn't of stopped that from happening. Edited by tricklician