Wayne County @ Houston County

wildcat89

Not much to talk about with the cats spanking PC so I thought we would go ahead and get this started. WC coming in at 6-0 with five of the wins being mercy rule and the only tight game was against a Scott's Hill team that is still proving to everybody that they're a pretty good team but if not for back to back fumbles I think WC would have won that one by a lot too but a close game early has lit a fire under these boys! HC is coming in at 5-1 with the only loss a blow out to a good Huntingdon team so it will be interesting to see how they react.

This one a blowout as well. I'm saying wc 42-7. Would have said more points than that for Wayne co but I think pull starters quickly to keep healthy for huntington

I hope your right but starters not seeing much action worries me, only played for a quarter and half last night. Only good thing is Huntingdons starters are not getting much action either. By no means will WC overlook HC, it's one game at a time and all preparations are for this coming weeks game. WC coaches do a great job keeping team focused on one thing at a time.

Excited about next Friday. Its a blessing to watch the game I'm  so passionate about and see young student athletes competing with pride and the will to win. HC will go into this game just as they did Huntingdon knowing what is in front of them is an extremely tough challenge. Wayne county just as Huntingdon has a proven respectable staff and an athletic group of kids that have helped build a program other schools such as us strive one day to become.

That said, Obviously you play to win the game. HC will come out and give their very best effort and leave it all on the field against this Wayne county team. Let the chips fall where they may , I hope that both teams leave this coming Friday's game with their health intact as I do feel like the two teams in this game will represent 2 of 4 seeds of this region in the playoffs.

I agree with you, we all should be proud of these young men that go out there every Friday night and put it all on the line. We all need to remember that it's all about the kids on the field and the memories they are creating to tell their kids and grand kids about. These boys in WC all the way down in peewee can't wait for the day they get to high school and put those pads on for coach Rice. We are very proud of what our coaches have done for our football program.

Just so your aware Kermit, and maybe you are and are just wanting to really talk up Huntingdon varsity as well as JV, but we pulled our starters as well on defense to ensure their health for the rest of the season. Only one defensive starter played during the fourth quarter and that was our safety. Hats off to the junior varsity of Huntingdon for their score as it was obvious this program has good fortune to come for many years. Their depth and athleticism even in their freshmen and sophomore crew, is a diagram of building a consistent program. that said, the way you and a few others have described it insinuated we didn't even deserve to be on the field with Huntingdon's JV and that is over exaggerating.

Again we've stated the obvious. Huntingdon was better and they handled us easily. That said lets not beat it into submission like were a worthless 5-1 program. As I stated earlier in HC and Huntingdon's forum, Huntingdon and Wayne are in a league of their own. Just because we cant compete with Huntingdon and will have trouble doing so with Wayne doesn't mean that were useless and cant beat the rest of the region to secure a 3 rd seed playoff birth. That seems pretty respectable to me for most anyone in our region, especially a team coming off a 1-9 and a 2-8 season the last two years. I've showed your team their respect that was due now kindly do the same to mine.

Just seems like every post I've seen you write involving HC that I can recollect is bashing our credibility as a competitive football team. Which is to say the least entirely incorrect.

Just so your aware Kermit, and maybe you are and are just wanting to really talk up Huntingdon varsity as well as JV, but we pulled our starters as well on defense to ensure their health for the rest of the season. Only one defensive starter played during the fourth quarter and that was our safety. Hats off to the junior varsity of Huntingdon for their score as it was obvious this program has good fortune to come for many years. Their depth and athleticism even in their freshmen and sophomore crew, is a diagram of building a consistent program. that said, the way you and a few others have described it insinuated we didn't even deserve to be on the field with Huntingdon's JV and that is over exaggerating.

Again we've stated the obvious. Huntingdon was better and they handled us easily. That said lets not beat it into submission like were a worthless 5-1 program. As I stated earlier in HC and Huntingdon's forum, Huntingdon and Wayne are in a league of their own. Just because we cant compete with Huntingdon and will have trouble doing so with Wayne doesn't mean that were useless and cant beat the rest of the region to secure a 3 rd seed playoff birth. That seems pretty respectable to me for most anyone in our region, especially a team coming off a 1-9 and a 2-8 season the last two years. I've showed your team their respect that was due now kindly do the same to mine.

Just seems like every post I've seen you write involving HC that I can recollect is bashing our credibility as a competitive football team. Which is to say the least entirely incorrect.

I respect and appreciate your words towards WC but until after this coming Friday night were in the same league as y'all, gotta wait and see who wins first. I feel WC has a team that can play with the best in 1a but it's hard to say until we actually play a top notch team. You won't hear any disrespecting or chest beating from WC posters this week before or after the game.
  • Upvote 1

Just so your aware Kermit, and maybe you are and are just wanting to really talk up Huntingdon varsity as well as JV, but we pulled our starters as well on defense to ensure their health for the rest of the season. Only one defensive starter played during the fourth quarter and that was our safety. Hats off to the junior varsity of Huntingdon for their score as it was obvious this program has good fortune to come for many years. Their depth and athleticism even in their freshmen and sophomore crew, is a diagram of building a consistent program. that said, the way you and a few others have described it insinuated we didn't even deserve to be on the field with Huntingdon's JV and that is over exaggerating.

I was talking good about our junior varsity I love seeing teams rebuilding and getting outta gutter happens to almost every team.  I was saying Huntingdon and Wayne County were better than you.  I am only huntingdon fan  to pick we would blow out Milan which is unheard of.  I wasnt meaning to bash your program except when someone said you had some speed I corrected them, I was also right about that.  Your program stills got some work to do and they will get there.  Like I said in other forum last night good luck on rest of your season.

I respect and appreciate your words towards WC but until after this coming Friday night were in the same league as y'all, gotta wait and see who wins first. I feel WC has a team that can play with the best in 1a but it's hard to say until we actually play a top notch team. You won't hear any disrespecting or chest beating from WC posters this week before or after the game.

Exactly what im thinking.........im just ready to head up 13 north and play HC...........may the best team win