Wayne County @ Houston County

wildcat89

Just so your aware Kermit.... that said, the way you and a few others have described it insinuated we didn't even deserve to be on the field with Huntingdon's JV and that is over exaggerating.

Again we've stated the obvious. Huntingdon was better and they handled us easily. That said lets not beat it into submission like were a worthless 5-1 program. As I stated earlier in HC and Huntingdon's forum, Huntingdon and Wayne are in a league of their own. Just because we cant compete with Huntingdon and will have trouble doing so with Wayne doesn't mean that were useless and cant beat the rest of the region to secure a 3 rd seed playoff birth. That seems pretty respectable to me for most anyone in our region, especially a team coming off a 1-9 and a 2-8 season the last two years. I've showed your team their respect that was due now kindly do the same to mine.

Just seems like every post I've seen you write involving HC that I can recollect is bashing our credibility as a competitive football team. Which is to say the least entirely incorrect.

Thank you for naming the elephant in the room.  That was just getting ridiculous.

High school football is a game that builds men--not a public forum for tearing them down.

Intense competition is good for us all...for it is written, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."  But elitism is a cancer.  Don't be a cancer in our region.

Appreciate the respect WC.  Looking forward to giving you our best this Friday.

Already gotta beef with Houston County so please wear this team out as bad as y'all did us.

My Pick:

Wayne County- 56

Houston Co.- 0

I believe if Houston County can't pass, which they aren't very good at, and all they do is run then Wayne County will win this easily...COACH RICE NO LET UP!!!!

Where does this "beef" come from? I havent read anything from hc bashing pc?

ur right 89....ready to go up there and go head to head with another good team......HC likes to run the football...WC prides itself on smashmouth football.........may the best team win

Its going to be hard to stop our passing game, but if someone does, they better be ready to get pounded on the ground! I dont care who it is either, because WC at their best is a true 2 headed monster! We can throw to set up the run or run to set up the pass!  We can also throw in some jet sweeps with a couple of speedy backs because we have depth at the running back position! We also, if choose too, have a short passing game with a couple of 200 + lbs backs with great hands and good  speed, that are not easy to bring down!  They will punish a secondary because they won't run out of bounds they will run over you!  Our line has improved greatly and are still improving and will be ready come playoff time!  We have some good athletes and our coaches know how best to use them, and when to use them!  WC will not be an easy out for any team!  I am confident in my statement, some might say arrogant, but I say confident!   So the way I see it WC holds their future in their hands and can go as far as they want!  "GO CATS"

Its going to be hard to stop our passing game, but if someone does, they better be ready to get pounded on the ground! I dont care who it is either, because WC at their best is a true 2 headed monster! We can throw to set up the run or run to set up the pass! We can also throw in some jet sweeps with a couple of speedy backs because we have depth at the running back position! We also, if choose too, have a short passing game with a couple of 200 + lbs backs with great hands and good speed, that are not easy to bring down! They will punish a secondary because they won't run out of bounds they will run over you! Our line has improved greatly and are still improving and will be ready come playoff time! We have some good athletes and our coaches know how best to use them, and when to use them! WC will not be an easy out for any team! I am confident in my statement, some might say arrogant, but I say confident! So the way I see it WC holds their future in their hands and can go as far as they want! "GO CATS"

I don't think our backs know how to run out of bounds, it's straight forward, no cutting or dodging, just run over. Our qb won't even run out of bounds

Wayne County is a very balanced team with lots of weapons.

I was worried about the line being able to do what they need to for this crew of backs going into the season but they have worked hard and came along way since spring and continue to get better each week. Having so much talent in the backfield to overcome a missed block or missed assignment has been their biggest help.
  • Upvote 1

I was worried about the line being able to do what they need to for this crew of backs going into the season but they have worked hard and came along way since spring and continue to get better each week. Having so much talent in the backfield to overcome a missed block or missed assignment has been their biggest help.

The lineman have done a great job considering how young and inexperienced we were to start out!  But as the season has progressed they have begin to work together and will only get better each game!  We have pretty much thrown the ball at will, but I aint going to lie I would like to see a little more ground and pound but I guess thats just me!

The lineman have done a great job considering how young and inexperienced we were to start out! But as the season has progressed they have begin to work together and will only get better each game! We have pretty much thrown the ball at will, but I aint going to lie I would like to see a little more ground and pound but I guess thats just me!

You will, like I said in another post, as long as WC is winning and can just drop back and throw it I think that's what they'll do until the time is right. This offense will explode when Rice digs in the playbook and let's it all loose.