Week 9 Region 5 5a picks

oldfan41

Independence 55  Columbia 7

LaVergne 28  Franklin Co. 14

Shelbyville 28  Stewarts Creek 21  Please prove me wrong Red Hawks!

Lincoln Co. 42  Summit 7

Way to go Red Hawks even though u made it tougher on the Wolverines I'm definitely very proud of u guys! I don't usually like being wrong but way to drop the hammer guys!

Finals 

Independence 49 Columbia 16

LaVernge 35  Franklin 0

Stewarts Creek 49 Shelbyville 35

Summit 13 Lincoln County 10 OT

Way to go Summit that's how u prove last week wasn't a fluke! I heard LC's coach on the radio with all kinds of excuses, kids out, played worse than last week, blah blah blah! Couldn't say u guys just played better tonight! Congrats good luck next week but i'd bet u won't be able to sneak up on Stewarts Creek after these 2 big wins! Wow!

Edited by oldfan41
  • Upvote 1

We can second guess decisions all day long, but Turnovers, Penalties, and Special teams mistakes are a recipe for upset. Falcons should still control 2nd place in the region if they correct mistakes and win out.

So what you are saying is that Summit was the better prepared and disciplined team,,,,, and yes Summit was missing their best back,,,, and LC was much more bigger,,,, but somehow Lincoln lost the game ,,,,, not that Summit takes the field on offense and defense with players who go both ways,,,, and one senior starter,,,,, the team is sophomores and juniors,,,,who play as a team,,,,,, one of the turnovers was a highlight reel pick,,,, the snaps over the punters head well not sure about that,,, the 4th down and 3 to go play in which Summit made the stop,,,,starting the 2nd half with a turnover on downs and putting together a 7min drive that resulted in 7points,,,, holding LC in OT to,three and then somehow managing to score 6 to win the game,,,,,that's football and today the

better team on that field won,,,,,

• Upvote 1