14 Days and counting down

Hopi

Caroline Patrick (my daughter) from Riverdale signs with Palm Beach Atlantic University in Florida on Wed.  She is the only Sr I know that is signing early.  It is a young team but it has a tremendous amount of talent in the 9th-11th grades, with several nationally ranked players in 10th-11th.  They should be really good and fun to watch for years to come.  The HH vs Riverdale game will be a really good game.  I watched HH play this weekend.  They have some good players.  

Congratulations to you on your daughter. It is truly an honor for a young person to play at the next level and a load off of the parents financially. (congrats to your pocketbook) I hope she has a great season. I am sure I will see her play at some point as I enjoy watching the good teams. Riverdale is one of the best! Good luck to you!

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to you on your daughter. It is truly an honor for a young person to play at the next level and a load off of the parents financially. (congrats to your pocketbook) I hope she has a great season. I am sure I will see her play at some point as I enjoy watching the good teams. Riverdale is one of the best! Good luck to you!

Thank you so much! Basketball has been a huge blessing to us to help her get to the next level in life. We are extremely thankful to Riverdale and the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. NO team should ever play them. If those kids would go to the schools they are zoned for and not all gather at HH then Chattanooga basketball would be much better as a whole. Its the parents that cant stand to compete in an apple to apple contest that cause this. Again NO one should schedule such an opponent. Its high school basketball not AAU. Thats where the players can choose where they play. Everyone else has to play by TSSAA rules but HH dont.

Riverdale 60  Hamilton Heights 54  Final  

At the half, Riverdale had a 14 point lead on HH.  They were never behind in the whole game.  

HH has some good athletes and very long.  They are definitely a good team, and will go far in their national league.  Their coach told me tonite their team finished 5th in the nation in DI NACA last year, but this has the makings to be a better team.    This is the 2nd time I have watched HH play this Fall, and I will say they are uber talented and I enjoyed their style of play.

On a side note, HH's recruits come more overseas.  They only have 4 kids on their team from Chattanooga....much less the US.  Here is their roster.  http://hhcahawks.com/teams/default.asp?u=DUKESTONE&s=basketball&p=roster&div=136087

• 2 weeks later...

Caroline Patrick (my daughter) from Riverdale signs a full scholarship with Palm Beach Atlantic University in Florida on Wed. She is the only Sr I know that is signing early. It is a young team but it has a tremendous amount of talent in the 9th-11th grades, with several nationally ranked players in 10th-11th. They should be really good and fun to watch for years to come. The HH vs Riverdale game will be a really good game. I watched HH play this weekend. They have some good players.

Congrats, WarriorFan!  That is an awesome accomplishment!  She will love Florida, however her winter wardrobe will suffer with the warm weather year around.  LOL  

Edited by burnalittle

This team is obviously capable of scoring and playing at a very high level. In order to get games, HH has to either play the Riverdale, Blackmon, Bradley Central's or teams like this one. There is not much opportunity in between as most teams simply won't play HH. Good luck the rest of the way Lady Hawks.

This team is obviously capable of scoring and playing at a very high level. In order to get games, HH has to either play the Riverdale, Blackmon, Bradley Central's or teams like this one. There is not much opportunity in between as most teams simply won't play HH. Good luck the rest of the way Lady Hawks.

BOOOHOO!!!!  WHO CARES??? The reason no one will play is ALL TSSAA schools have rules, and have certain district games they have to play so WHY would any team schedule HH. They arent TSSAA. Let them play at their high school they were suppose to and then those girls will have a chance to play for a district, region, sub-state and state. So dont WHINE if you cant get a game and NO NO NO one is scared to play HH. Join the TSSAA and you can get all the games you want. P.S. Would you please not compare HH to Blackmon, Riverdale, and Bradley Central because they ARE public schools and not an AAU team wanting to play in a public league please.