D-IIA East Seeding

CoachHolly7

See you soon. Hope you are doing well.

What would most teams do against Oak Ridge and Alcoa?

Probably similar outcome as Webb had, but I think the point is about playing good quality teams to prepare you for what you will see in district play and come playoffs.

I the question inre DCA is whats the benefit of playing three very good non region opponents who very difficult match ups when you have 26 players?

I think the answers can be obvious sometimes as to why there is low participation in football, at any given school, but that is a whole other can of worms to discuss.

Good luck to the Wildcats this Friday(shouldn't need it, but...) and hope you and yours have success.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webb is a joke. Same excuses from them every since they started playing DII A. We get it, you are just playing where you were placed...i guess its a good thing for Webb that BA and Ensworth didnt play in DII A like they were placed as well. 

Oh and I love that excuse about how numbers dont matter because most of their guys at Webb are not athletes. They are there for academics and to be choir boys. I guess you think athletes are just lining up to play for the Kings, MJCAs, Zions etc.. Easy for a school that is double the size of their next closest opponent to claim numbers dont matter. 

I seem to remember at least 2 major D1 signees playing for webb the last couple of years. I dont recall any playing for DCA, Davidson, Ezell, Zion, MJCA or FRA. But im sure the talent had nothing to do with it. It was all the "superior coaching and systems" lol

Edited by D2A

I seem to remember at least 2 major D1 signees playing for webb the last couple of years. I dont recall any playing for DCA, Davidson, Ezell, Zion, MJCA or FRA. But im sure the talent had nothing to do with it. It was all the "superior coaching and systems" lol

....But plenty have come from the teams out West. Yet Webb has dominated them. 

I say we just give out participation Gold Ball's and everybody makes the playoffs, like 6A is now doing. Don't want to offend anybody and make sure every possible situation, at every school, is addressed by them having a fair chance at being successful. And we, Americans, wonder why our country is in the shape it's in!? Orange slices and capri suns for everyone!! :rolleyes:  :flower:

Im so confused. Webb could have beaten DCA and then they wouldn't have to be worrying about that 'soft' schedule DCA played that didn't prepare them for their district.

D2A is wide open. All the teams have seemingly beat one another or played each other tight. Point is, you are going to have to beat 3-4 good teams if you want to hold the ball at the end. Good luck to all this week.

Im so confused. Webb could have beaten DCA and then they wouldn't have to be worrying about that 'soft' schedule DCA played that didn't prepare them for their district.

I'm not taking credit away from DCA for their victory over Webb. That was an excellent win for them.

The point is that Webb consistently, year in and year out, plays tougher competition. I believe that to be a big reason, come playoff time, Webb is a tough out for their opponents.

D2A is wide open. All the teams have seemingly beat one another or played each other tight. Point is, you are going to have to beat 3-4 good teams if you want to hold the ball at the end. Good luck to all this week.

I agree, much more wide open this year. I think the West side may be hoisting the Gold Ball this year though.

Welp, no gold ball for Webb this year. Lots of youngsters showed well last night for the Spartans. No doubt they'll be back with a vengeance next year.

Fun fact: Since Webb dropped down to DII-A the only team that has eliminated them from the playoffs is USJ.

Wide open field this year with a tough road ahead for every team. Fun to see this type of parity in DII-A.

I'm not taking credit away from DCA for their victory over Webb. That was an excellent win for them.

The point is that Webb consistently, year in and year out, plays tougher competition. I believe that to be a big reason, come playoff time, Webb is a tough out for their opponents.

Tough out? Apparently not this year.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

Tough out? Apparently not this year.

If you call 7-6 not a tough out, then I want what you're having.

I was at the game and watched my young spartans miss countless chances to win the game. Makes me appreciate and realize how good Webb has been the past six years compared to this one. The good news for Webb is the return all but 4 starters. Next year Webb should field a much more "Webb" like team. Congrats to USJ. I didn't see either Webb or USJ knocking iff FRA in the next round this year however.

Edited by Spartan4Life