Hendersonville vs Independence

jasonb134

I've said in a post on another thread that I have been looking to Hendersonville as the team that Indy needed to beat to make it to Cookville. Having been knocked out of the playoffs two years in a row by the Commandos, Indy certainly isn't looking past this game. My prediction for this game is that it will be a GREAT GAME.

Neither of these teams have faced an opponent like each other this year. No one runs the WingT like Hendersonville and no one runs the Spread Offense like Indy. I wouldn't want to be either Defensive Coordinator. You can have your kids watch all the film you want but it's very difficult to simulate each others offense in practice.

Indy's front seven must be very disciplined. They must stay at home, recognize pulling guards, and then fly to the ball. If you see Hville running backs breaking through the line untouched, somebody missed a read. Watch Indy's linebackers early in the game to see how it goes. If Hville has a lot of 3rd down and 5+, I think you are in trouble.

Hville has to get pressure on the quarterback because I don't think they can cover all four receivers on every play and Bunch WILL find the open receiver. If you try to blitz though, Indy can hurt you with the screen and QB draw. Indy runs the ball very well from their passing formations as well. The Guards and Tackles both pull on some plays and if Hville's line gets too much penetration, Wright will bust through the line untouched. It's a very difficult chore for Hville's linebackers because Indy's line does a very good job of disguising their blocks. Again, watch the linebackers

A dry field favors Indy and it looks like it will be dry. My prediction is whoever wins the Coin Toss will take the ball. That's the only thing I am certain of. I can see a close game going either way, or a big victory for Indy. I do not see a repeat of last year. Official prediction 35-21 Indy plus or minus the extra points.

For those Hville fans driving down for the game give yourself an extra 20 minutes to get here. 4 lanes goes to 2 on I-65 and it can take a while. Bring a bunch of people because this is #1 vs #2 in the State. It should be a GREAT GAME!

Great post and spot on both ways, looking forward to what should be a very exciting game!! We have nothing but respect for Indy because they have done nothing but earn it all year.. Thank you for the traffic info. We'll get the word out for everyone to leave a little early.. Hopefully the game being on tv won't deter any of the fans from making the trip as I believe this is one you'll want to see in person!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We at HHS have heard for two years that we don't stand a chance against Indy. Hoping for a 3rd. GO COMMANDOS!!!

Huh ?

1st game everyone called for a toss up and if i recall you HHS scored on a last minute drive to win the game 36-35

The 2nd meeting Last year Indy was 5-4 (3-3) and no one including yours truly picked Indy to win.....

This year as mentioned the boys wanted HHS

Huh ?

1st game everyone called for a toss up and if i recall you HHS scored on a last minute drive to win the game 36-35

The 2nd meeting Last year Indy was 5-4 (3-3) and no one including yours truly picked Indy to win.....

This year as mentioned the boys wanted HHS

that is completely false. I even took the time out of my day to look back at the old posts about both games. Majority of people had indy winning by a couple of scores on both.

Outlook: Independence is living up to its mascot, flying higher than an Eagle. The team has averaged more than 50 points a game in the last five games and they show no sign of slowing down. Much has been written of the balanced offense of quarterback Andrew Bunch, receivers Nate Johnson (who is committed to Purdue but picked up an offer from Vanderbilt last weekend), Adam Swayze and Seth Huner and the impact of a bulldog runner in Daniel Wright. But it’s the defense that, like Centennial and Ravenwood, has been the big key. The Eagles have given only 106 points all season.

Besides the obvious of moving to the next round, the Eagles may be motivated as much by last year’s 49-20 loss at Hendersonville in the first round of the playoffs. The Wing-T offense gave Independence fits in that contest, something the Eagles have been waiting over a year to prove was a fluke.

Bunch eclipsed the 2,000-yard passing mark last weekend, a feat done in just seven games after coming back from an injury.

Outlook: Independence is living up to its mascot, flying higher than an Eagle. The team has averaged more than 50 points a game in the last five games and they show no sign of slowing down. Much has been written of the balanced offense of quarterback Andrew Bunch, receivers Nate Johnson (who is committed to Purdue but picked up an offer from Vanderbilt last weekend), Adam Swayze and Seth Huner and the impact of a bulldog runner in Daniel Wright. But it’s the defense that, like Centennial and Ravenwood, has been the big key. The Eagles have given only 106 points all season.

Besides the obvious of moving to the next round, the Eagles may be motivated as much by last year’s 49-20 loss at Hendersonville in the first round of the playoffs. The Wing-T offense gave Independence fits in that contest, something the Eagles have been waiting over a year to prove was a fluke.

Bunch eclipsed the 2,000-yard passing mark last weekend, a feat done in just seven games after coming back from an injury.

If they live up to their mascot they fly as high as an eagle - not "higher than an eagle" - that would suggest they are a different animal............say an albatross or condor.......just saying.

Edited by JedCooper