Hendersonville vs Independence

jasonb134

Understood,,,,, I guess maybe I'm a little old school when it comes to the whole act like u been there deal...... I've raised both my kids to be confident and trust me they are but also to be humble....

I should have also noted in my previous post regarding "Hurt feelings" really not possible,,,been in the Marines and my feelings being hurt over a football game, team, post etc..... Doesn't even come close ...... ..I tend to keep things in perspective,,,,,,

GCND has been posting here for years under various screen names (NotreDame66, GoldenDomer and probably some others) and has always been a little antagonistic.  He's kinda like some Bama callers to the Finebaum show, just at the high school level   :rolleyes:.  Take it with a grain of salt, don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the sport and your perspective comment is spot on. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game I watched all year for HHS but watched on tv (rather watch them live) My impressions, unlike many on here it was Hville DEFENSE that kept them in it midway in the 3rd. It's 17-7 and I'm sitting there thinking man if they stop them here this could get interesting. For 2 1/2 quarters the D had them consistently in third and long even Indy went for it on fourth a couple times. But Hville offense could never get anything going. I don't have a chance to go to games anymore due to work but I thought with all the talent Hville has they would be better on O. I told my better half while watching its like they don't have an offense game plan. Yes Indy D is good very good but Hville let them have their entire D within 5 yards of the ball it looked like. Sorry I'm an Hville supporter but not running against that. This Hville team seemed to be very good other than these two losses and it looks like could be better next year. I didn't realize they had 8/9 starters coming back on D until reading this post. Maybe next year for commandos? I hope so. Good luck to the players and coaches.

Now to Indy. Don't know if I've watched a high school game with a more explosive offense. They were kept in check for a while but never any doubt what was eventually going to happen. The QB is awesome, 2/9/6 are studs BUT the offense line impressed me the most. Indy D will determine wether they win it all or not. They aren't big but they are fast and lights out. Seemed to tackle very well. very impressed with their entire team in every aspect. Good luck to you guys. I hope you beat everyone left 39-7 or worse so we can say we played you the best...haha

Remember this is high school these kids read this stuff. Bash the coaches all you want they are grown men and the posters (assuming players don't post but who knows). Good luck to Indy the rest of the way you have a great team.

Congrats to Indy, good as advertised. The usual on offense and a very good defense this year. Thanks to our coaching staff for all your hard work and a great year. Thanks to our seniors for 4 great years. Undefeated as freshman and 31 wins and a state finals appearance in 3 varsity years. Future looks bright with 14 starters back next year. Good luck to Indy next week in their game with Hillsboro.

I tend to agree with a Beech or HHS fan on certain issues. When their teams are doing good, people are quick to congratulate thier teams and go on. But when Beech or HHS is on the opposite end and getting dismantled like yesterday, some people aren't giving credit and just moving on! Notice I'm not saying it is EVERY Beech or HHS poster. Cause they both have good ones on here. But some of you need to just lick your wounds and move on to next year. You can't, and you won't be the best every year. Indy and Hillsboro are clearly the best this year.

Edited by thegreatone36

It was a great game to watch.  Still close into the third quarter and the game was not put away until we scored to make it 31-7 in the fourth. We still remembered the comeback the Commandos made two years ago. I thought the Commandos stole the momentum after the fumble at the beginning of the second half but our kids rose to the challenge.  Thiat is what has made this team different than teams in the past.  Offensively it went about as I expected for Indy.  Nate Johnson and Seth Huner have been making catches like that all year so they were no fluke.  Our offensive line did well to protect Bunch against the best defense we've played all year.  I thought Hville would move the ball better, quite frankly, and its a testament to our defense.  Hville's offense executed well but we were able to keep them botteld up for the most part.  Could have been a different story if your QB had completed that first pass!

Congrats to Hendersonville on a fine season! Maybe we'll do it again next year. I haven't seen Hillsboro play.  Any thoughts on that game?

I tend to agree with a Beech or HHS fan on certain issues. When their teams are doing good, people are quick to congratulate thier teams and go on. But when Beech or HHS is on the opposite end and getting dismantled like yesterday, some people aren't giving credit and just moving on! Notice I'm not saying it is EVERY Beech or HHS poster. Cause they both have good ones on here. But some of you need to just lick your wounds and move on to next year. You can't, and you won't be the best every year. Indy and Hillsboro are clearly the best this year.

when you have grown men bashing our kids on social media it causes alarm. Have lost respect for independence.

It was a great game to watch. Still close into the third quarter and the game was not put away until we scored to make it 31-7 in the fourth. We still remembered the comeback the Commandos made two years ago. I thought the Commandos stole the momentum after the fumble at the beginning of the second half but our kids rose to the challenge. Thiat is what has made this team different than teams in the past. Offensively it went about as I expected for Indy. Nate Johnson and Seth Huner have been making catches like that all year so they were no fluke. Our offensive line did well to protect Bunch against the best defense we've played all year. I thought Hville would move the ball better, quite frankly, and its a testament to our defense. Hville's offense executed well but we were able to keep them botteld up for the most part. Could have been a different story if your QB had completed that first pass!

Congrats to Hendersonville on a fine season! Maybe we'll do it again next year. I haven't seen Hillsboro play. Any thoughts on that game?

Thank you Indyfan yall have a fantastic football team across the board this year. Our defense tried holding yall off as long as possible but the offense never really could get its footing.. Indy's defense is very good and something I think yall have been missing in the previous years.. Hillsboro when playing to their caliber are as good as anyone in the state.. It's all about which burros team shows up, either way I think yall will be too much for them.. Best wishes the rest of the way!!

Edited by CommandoBlood100