Baylor at MUS

Spartan4Life

Baylor is very good.  They will be tough to beat.  I haven't seen MUS play this year.  But, MUS is always very good in the playoffs and always seems to improve during the season.  Based on results, this isn't as strong of an MUS team as usual, but I will not bet against them playing at home in the playoffs.  (I have done that 2 of the last 3 years when they beat BA.)  

Both teams will be well prepared.  This should be a great game, but I'm going with MUS.  That's a hard place to win in November!

Baylor will win for sure. Mus is down a lot this year even losing to a Memphis public school ridgeway. Baylor has Ryan Parker who is one of the best players in the state and they have a pretty good power running attack by using the qb and parker. Even though its hard to win in Memphis in the playoffs, I think Baylor does and most likely sets up rematch with BA in semi's. score prediction: Baylor 28 MUS 14 

Baylor will win for sure. Mus is down a lot this year even losing to a Memphis public school ridgeway. Baylor has Ryan Parker who is one of the best players in the state and they have a pretty good power running attack by using the qb and parker. Even though its hard to win in Memphis in the playoffs, I think Baylor does and most likely sets up rematch with BA in semi's. score prediction: Baylor 28 MUS 14 

History is not in Baylor's favor when they play at MUS.  MUS' defense is solid.  They only gave up 1 TD each to Ridgeway and CBHS that didn't result from TOs.  I don't think they give up 28 points.  But TOs will play a big part.  MUS can not make mistakes and win. Their junior QB is hot and cold, very inconsistent and has a tendency to throw off balance when he is dropping back.  Does throw rather well when running laterally, especially across his body, of all things. MUS has a player (Hart) in the same mold as Parker.  He missed 5 games due to a high ankle sprain.  How big an impact he has will be critical for MUS' chances.

Edited by owlbooster

Steelerfan32:

You know, that statement speaks volumes. I already know who you are without even meeting you.

Baylor executed their offense near if not at perfection.  Austin and Parker were the 2 best players on the field and almost unstoppable.  After MUS lost their star and big play man Pickens at the end of the first half, their offense was impotent. 

If their offense executes at this level next week, and their defense can stop grabbing receivers by their jerseys, Baylor can definitely beat BA. 

Idk - if BA plays well and limits mistakes they can roll Baylor . Remember MBA beat Baylor and BA throttled MBA at home . I was at the first Baylor game - BA was up 29-0 until they started making mistakes turning the ball over 4 times --BA needs to make mistakes and Baylor will need to play great to have a shot imo.

Game is at home for BA as well which is a plus. I hope for a good game though with both teams playing their best ball

Baylor executed their offense near if not at perfection. Austin and Parker were the 2 best players on the field and almost unstoppable. After MUS lost their star and big play man Pickens at the end of the first half, their offense was impotent.

If their offense executes at this level next week, and their defense can stop grabbing receivers by their jerseys, Baylor can definitely beat BA.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

What a game for Baylor. They finally came to play since the Mccallie game. Very tough group. Thought the officiating was terrible however. Lots of pass interference calls on Baylor that were extremely questionable. I will make the trip next week to see if David has a shot at Goliath.

You obviously were not at the game.  I think every one of those pass interference calls were for grabbing the receiver's jersey. and there were a lot of them.  Two of them probably prevented MUS TDs as the defenders were beaten deep and the passes were on target.   Smart play as it turned out, because both times MUS ended up not scoring.  Several times the receiver wasn't just held up but actually got turned around.  It was obvious from up in the stands.  I guess the Baylor coach, who got Teed up, couldn't see it looking through 22 players at ground level.  We were almost laughing in amazement because the calls were so obvious from where we were sitting.  One of the commentators on the radio said it seemed to be a tactic they practiced because they were doing it so often.

Idk - if BA plays well and limits mistakes they can roll Baylor . Remember MBA beat Baylor and BA throttled MBA at home . I was at the first Baylor game - BA was up 29-0 until they started making mistakes turning the ball over 4 times --BA needs to make mistakes and Baylor will need to play great to have a shot imo.

Game is at home for BA as well which is a plus. I hope for a good game though with both teams playing their best ball

Obviously if both teams bring their "A" game, then BA wins.  I merely suggested that Baylor CAN beat BA if they play as well as they did last night AND they get some "cooperation" from BA, which history shows DOES happen all too often for BA.