District 11 aa Basketball

Beagle

Just now getting back into the swing of basketball season as district play will begin to heat up. The rebels have something special going on in Stewart County. It's been some up & downs early but they have shown that they can compete with anyone. Lost to Creekwood by 6 in a game the SC could have very easily won. Was up 10 at one point in the 4th until Creekwood made a run. SC missed a lot of chip shots under basket, but a great game to watch.

After watching Creekwood, I honestly do not think they will repeat as champs. Could be wrong here but there is a lot of undisciplined basketball. Too many kids worried about getting their own shots up instead of finding the open man. Definitely a lot of talent, but can they gel together down the stretch?

After a great showing, SC then dropped one to Lewis Co by 1 in a terrible game. Just could not get anything going for them. They followed up that loss with two blowout wins...a 32 point victory over rival Houston County and a 37 point win over Hickman. In the Hickman Co game, our men had 70 going into the 4th quarter, but had already pumped the brakes giving some of the young guys some minutes.

Camden on Friday will be another big test for these guys, but with our depth & perimeter shooting, SC can compete with anyone on their schedule...

GOOD LUCK REBELS! 

I saw Camden and Creekwood game. It was a whole lot closer than the score indicated. Camden started fouling toward the end of the game and Creekwood was making all the freethrows. The Vick kid looked good and the Stanford kid made some big three's and played some good defense. They didn't have a lot of help scoring though, not sure if it was an off night for others or what. From what I saw I think Camden has a chance to finish 1, 2, or 3 in the district. I hope I get to see a few more games it should be an exciting year.

I saw Camden and Creekwood game. It was a whole lot closer than the score indicated. Camden started fouling toward the end of the game and Creekwood was making all the freethrows. The Vick kid looked good and the Stanford kid made some big three's and played some good defense. They didn't have a lot of help scoring though, not sure if it was an off night for others or what. From what I saw I think Camden has a chance to finish 1, 2, or 3 in the district. I hope I get to see a few more games it should be an exciting year.

Satterfeild is usually good for 15 or more..

You didnt but that Big kid number 50 i think is a really good baller. No reason for you guys to be 0-9 thats just coaching.

We got two big ones. 50 stays outside, usually around the 3 point line, and 52 stays inside the paint. This bunch has had trouble since back in middle school. Great kids, good athletes, pretty good coaching. I just think the game of basketball has evolved to run, gun, and shoot. Our personel doesn't match up well in today's game. It was good to get back down to Camden.

Camden beats back  a very good Montgomery Central team tonight after trailing for most of the game.  Hunter Vick had a sports center top ten dunk on #22 for MC.. and thats not even an exaggeration. It was Scottie Pippen over Ewing all over again but truly more impressive. One handed right over the top crotch in face and finsihed at the free throw line for 3..Ill get some video of it if i can

Edited by Beagle

https://twitter.com/HLVick20/status/678071135829893120/video/1  that should get you there..sounds always off but you can turn it on if you like.  The  angle was better from the other side opf the gym..the face landing was priceless...and yes we all realise he "boosted" a bit off #22 but all I can say is..way to use a blocking foul you your advantage.. lol

Edited by Beagle