NOTRE DAME vs Undefeated EAST RIDGE (Rd 2)

Booger

MountainTroll, on 16 Nov 2015 - 9:53 PM, said:MountainTroll, on 16 Nov 2015 - 9:53 PM, said:MountainTroll, on 16 Nov 2015 - 9:53 PM, said:

Stupid move by East Ridge. Doesn't make sense to give up their home field advantage.

#DefendFinley? :rolleyes:

Win or lose, this will be the last home game for these seniors. Should have been at Raymond James Stadium.

mcvolfan, on 17 Nov 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:mcvolfan, on 17 Nov 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:mcvolfan, on 17 Nov 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

Forced, no doubt about it. What coach in his right mind would voluntarily agree to such a thing?

What the heck is wrong in moving the game to a better facility to allow more people to actually enjoy the game...Isn't it possible the ER players may actually enjoy playing in the larger stadium?

Anyone from ER here on the boards to state that they are upset about the move?

and 'FORCED' to change fields..Give it a rest...

Unless you have a dog in this fight...take a breather....It is going to be okay...

D :mrgreen:

Edited by CHAMPDDS

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck is wrong in moving the game to a better facility to allow more people to actually enjoy the game...Isn't it possible the ER players may actually enjoy playing in the larger stadium?

Anyone from ER here on the boards to state that they are upset about the move?

and 'FORCED' to change fields..Give it a rest...

Unless you have a dog in this fight...take a breather....It is going to be okay...

D :mrgreen:

At this point in their career most if not all have been there and done that and would rather be at their place. i know our team would choose home over Finley. It's possible the players wanted the move, but I doubt it. Totally takes away home field advantage.

for what its worth to all you with the dried Enfamil in the corners of your suk that are whinin forced decision and stupid moves; this was a mutual coachin decision...

and to be honest, Booger a little nervous that we are gonna be playin ER's running back on that turf....he want be loosin traction like he did in the first game

Booger just sayin bottle40.gif

Edited by Booger

BOOGER....THIS ONE IS A BOOGER!! I LIKE THAT FANT GUY WHO IS ON ERRBODYS SPEED DIAL WITHOUT A COACH LOL..BUT FOR THOSE RIDGERS TO BE UNDEFEATED PLAYING ON THE SHORT SIDE OF THE FIELD ALL SEASON IS SOMETHIN AMAZIN...CAN'T CALL THIS ONE...BOTH HAVE REPRESENTED THE 423 WELL...BUT IT WILL TAKE EXPERIENCE TO KNOCK OFF DEM BOYZ FROM THE RECYCLED CAN PLANT CITY :mrgreen: #LOP

Stupid move by East Ridge. Doesn't make sense to give up their home field advantage.

#DefendFinley? :rolleyes:

Win or lose, this will be the last home game for these seniors. Should have been at Raymond James Stadium.

This is a quarter-final game between two schools that are less than five miles apart, both of which have a long history, and a ton of alumni in the Chattanooga area.   This match-up will draw a large crowd, and deserves a venue where everyone that wants to watch the game can actually see it.  It's the last (or one of the last) football game that a lot of these boys will play, and the last chance for a lot of family members to see their boy play.  It’s not about gamesmanship, or an evil private school trying to manipulate a public school.  It’s just the right thing to do.  I guess it’s difficult for someone that supports a school that is not even as old as my socks to understand.

Hopefully East Ridge’s great season has resulted in a chunk of money to spend on fixing their stadium.

This is a quarter-final game between two schools that are less than five miles apart, both of which have a long history, and a ton of alumni in the Chattanooga area. This match-up will draw a large crowd, and deserves a venue where everyone that wants to watch the game can actually see it. It's the last (or one of the last) football game that a lot of these boys will play, and the last chance for a lot of family members to see their boy play. It’s not about gamesmanship, or an evil private school trying to manipulate a public school. It’s just the right thing to do. I guess it’s difficult for someone that supports a school that is not even as old as my socks to understand.

Hopefully East Ridge’s great season has resulted in a chunk of money to spend on fixing their stadium.

That chunk won't be as big after having to rent that big big stadium now.

Crowd will be much bigger, so hopefully for ER's sake it will be a wash, or even more profitable. Regardless, all things considered, it's still the right thing to do.

Just my opinion, the right thing to do would be to play the game at the home field. Take a vote from the seniors. That's the way I would vote as senior on that team. Maybe they did and this is the outcome but I just would never give up home field.

So how does a wash help ER. They don't play at home and still don't make more money. They won't get concessions money and I doubt they will get parking money. Then have to pay rent. With those things factored in they may make less. Will they get both sides of the stadium open. Doubt that too.

Just my opinion, the right thing to do would be to play the game at the home field. Take a vote from the seniors. That's the way I would vote as senior on that team. Maybe they did and this is the outcome but I just would never give up home field.

So how does a wash help ER. They don't play at home and still don't make more money. They won't get concessions money and I doubt they will get parking money. Then have to pay rent. With those things factored in they may make less. Will they get both sides of the stadium open. Doubt that too.

I hear you, and it really stinks for the ERHS community that their home stands were condemned.  I have a feeling it has actually helped bring them together to rally around their team.  I have been to their stadium many times, and unless they changed their seating in a major way since the home side was closed, it is just not practical to play a game of this magnitude there.

I also seriously doubt that both sides of Finley will be open, but you only need the one side to have a huge crowd (or at least huge by Chattanooga high school standards).

Everybody needs to get out there and tailgate, have fun and make a night of it.  I think it will be a great game and a great atmosphere.

Go Irish!!!

remember; you were the one that flew off the pie hole and said this was done because they were forced to do it; when you actually have no idea on what went down.....this was a mutual decision between the decision makers at both schools that have a better vision of the landscape they want for this huge game.....ER is 12-0; 5 or most of those games they won were on their opponents turf; includin ours; not nuetral......you and some of these other puddin brainers insult the intellect of the East Ridges Coaching staff; principal and AD with your shots.......to think that ER decision makers would choose to play this game at Chattanooga

's premier sporting arena in a stadium that can hold 21,000 fans (in there on seat) and it be a dis-advantage to them makes you another Troller.....heck, even the handicap and kids can come watch this game and not look thru the chicken wire fence all night....

.... you were not at the table when the deal cuttin and financial negotiations were cut between both schools and Finley......there may be someone who nose someone; who just might no somone......your assumptions off what has gone down shows you are probably a laborer (GF type) and absolutley unqualified to make executive decisions for anyone else other than yourself..... leave the business and people makin decisions up to the big boys....

....and dont fret bout whether both sides are open or not....you just gather up all your posse and find those 17 Pesos (that is 8 Bucks in T$$AA money) and come down to the game.....if the numbers dictate both sides need to be open; then they will be open.....if not; then everyone still sits together on the same side; just like they woullda at the Ridge.....East Ridge is still home field side and still gets the the home crowd behind them when the Irish dont.....that sounds like advantage ER

Booger just sayin smileys-car-driving-410647.gif

Edited by Booger