Rhea Co at Sevier Co

EaglePride1

I appreciate your opinion and your passion. Y'all played a great game and fought hard all night. I thought your game plan was a little too vanilla for a semi-final game but that's on your coaches. As far as pressing our receivers....that wouldn't have worked. SC has a balanced attack so if you press the receivers, you either get beat over the top or we run the ball down your throat and then hit the big one over the top. If RC had a passing game...I don't know of many teams in E TN that could hang with you. The WingT is vicious but it's outdated. Everybody has figured out how to stop it but you have to have the players physical enough to stop it. 

I also appreciate your support. Good luck next year!

Actually the pressing did work in the second half. Only 7 points were scored by SC during the second half.  

Sounds like some of you guys are splitting hairs on here. I sat in the middle of a bunch of SC fans and they were great. The Eagles had another great year and nothing can take that away but the season is over and the Smoky Bears won it on the field, gotta give them credit, they were the best team that night. It's hurts to lose but these guys played their hearts out and left it all on the field, they shook hands after the game and life goes on. I wish SC the best in their quest for the gold ball.

The RC fans I talked to Fri night were all class acts and I enjoyed meeting them. Y'all should be very proud of your team. They made it to the semi and played a very tough game. Your team is fun to watch. Execute your offense very well and defense gets to the ball. My opinion we was able to get a couple scores early and forced rhea to throw a little more than they wanted too. I was very impressed with your team speed, had a couple guys that could fly. I'm sure y'all will have another deep run next year. Best of luck to your team.

Just saw the stats for this game.  I knew Rhea ended up with more offense but wow, 346 rushing and 238 passing for a total of 584 yards.  The 238 is really impressive considering that Rhea played without its primary go to receiver after the first drive.

SC had 421 total (173 rushing and 248 passing).

STATS DON'T MATTER BUDDY...JUST LIKE THE 5 OF 9 FORCED FUMBLES....