Father Ryan ducks Christian Brothers duel!

cowboypete

Congrats to FR. But, if you ever thought what happened at the beginning of the season was about winning and losing, you missed the point completely. SMH.

What a loser, that's the point who cares about DEC its about tssaa tourney time ie now and that is what Pat simp and the purple Irish faithful are about. Maybe the makeral snappers out west ought to figure out it is about rings not mid season exploits

What a loser, that's the point who cares about DEC its about tssaa tourney time ie now and that is what Pat simp and the purple Irish faithful are about. Maybe the makeral snappers out west ought to figure out it is about rings not mid season exploits

If winning and losing is "the" point, please re-evaluate what you're teaching your child.

Edited by TO338

Please elaborate

Like I said several months ago, the Bro's have traveled youth, JV and varsity for the past two years straight to Nash-Vegas. The one year FR finally comes to Memphis, and all they bring is varsity, and varsity only, is a slap in the face. Preparations were being made to wrestle everyone and feed everyone, youth through High School, and all that was coming was varsity??? Thanks, but no thanks. Edited by TO338

Like I said several months ago, the Bro's have traveled youth, JV and varsity for the past two years straight to Nash-Vegas. The one year FR finally comes to Memphis, and all they bring is varsity, and varsity only, is a slap in the face. Preparations were being made to wrestle everyone and feed everyone, youth through High School, and all that was coming was varsity??? Thanks, but no thanks.

You obviously have zero knowledge of what happened in November. The entire NCW team was prepared to travel to Memphis, as well as several JV wrestlers and the whole varsity...it was all rendered moot though when Christian Brothers cancelled the duel. This past Saturday gave us some insight as to why Coach Lewis was in no hurry to wrestle the Irish

Further, IF Ryan was only going to bring their varsity (which, again, they weren't) wouldn't the preparations that were apparently so burdensome for CBS be eased significantly by that? Your whole line of reasoning is ridiculous

Ridiculous? When you're planning for 50-60 wrestlers, and you bring less than 20, and absolutely no youth? No thanks. A huge let down for a lot of young wrestlers and parents. You think that's ridiculous?

It's fine...I knew about the cancelation before FR knew about it. My vote was to cancel. Personally traveled to Nashville the two previous years like many other wave wrestlers and parents, and FR couldn't fully do it once? Puh-leeeeaze!

A few back-ups and varsity doesn't cut it. We had full JV and entire club youth ready to go. Just like we traveled two years previous to FR. Rented extra buses and all when we traveled. FR brings a few back-ups and varsity their 1st trip? Weak. We were prepared for full youth, full JV and varsity.

Face it, FR didn't keep up to their end of the bargain. Apparently, it's ok if we come to you. But, you can't return the favor? Again, thanks but no thanks.

Edited by TO338

Ridiculous? When you're planning for 50-60 wrestlers, and you bring less than 20, and absolutely no youth? No thanks. A huge let down for a lot of young wrestlers and parents. You think that's ridiculous?

It's fine...I knew about the cancelation before FR knew about it. My vote was to cancel. Personally traveled to Nashville the two previous years like many other wave wrestlers and parents, and FR couldn't fully do it once? Puh-leeeeaze!

A few back-ups and varsity doesn't cut it. We had full JV and entire club youth ready to go. Just like we traveled two years previous to FR. Rented extra buses and all when we traveled. FR brings a few back-ups and varsity their 1st trip? Weak. We were prepared for full youth, full JV and varsity.

Face it, FR didn't keep up to their end of the bargain. Apparently, it's ok if we come to you. But, you can't return the favor? Again, thanks but no thanks.

Glad to see that you were one that voted to cancel.  I know now where you stand.  After the beat down this past weekend, I bet you also wanted to cancel this past weekend.  

A couple of notes as you continue to lie and lie and lie.  Father Ryan was taking down their starters and a few backups.  Also, NCW was taking down their entire team to Memphis in November.  With these 2 combined, you would have had close to 50.  As for the wave coming to Nashville, it did not happen the last year.  Their studs made the trip and the others stayed behind.  They did not bring their entire team.  The NCW coaches talked to Garrett about it and he said they do not travel.  That is a fact and you need to stop this lying.  It does not look good on you.

I guess now you will vote to move Father Ryan back to the Middle/East Region.  I for one would agree with you on that one.  You are upset over the last 2 years of traveling to Nashville, give this some thought.  Father Ryan traveled to Memphis last year for the West Region Individual only to beat the crap out of everybody.  It was a joke.  Father Ryan travels to Memphis again this year for the West Region Duals.  Wrestles 28 matches and loses 4.  MUS forfeits many weights to Father Ryan.  Wrestles CBHS and loses 4 of 14.  Another wasted trip.  Father Ryan will be traveling back to Memphis in 2 weeks for another beat down on this region.  Another huge and wasted expense for the school.  This is all precipitated by CBHS as they fought for Regions for DII even though there are fewer than 20 schools.  What a joke.

Talk about ridiculous, this is the ultimate.

The only thing worth going to Memphis for is the ribs.  Plain and simple.

So fortunate that this does not occur in Chatt town, although I know that Baylor and McCallie both agree that the Region Individuals is a waste.  There are fewer than 20 teams, send all wrestlers to the state.

Just out of curiosity, what was the size of the crowd?  I am sure with this being a good CBHS team that it was packed.  Baylor/McCallie crowd was unbelievable.  Students were rocking the entire match.  Loved the singlets they were wearing.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Like I said several months ago, the Bro's have traveled youth, JV and varsity for the past two years straight to Nash-Vegas. The one year FR finally comes to Memphis, and all they bring is varsity, and varsity only, is a slap in the face. Preparations were being made to wrestle everyone and feed everyone, youth through High School, and all that was coming was varsity??? Thanks, but no thanks.

Total fabrication.

What's the old saying, "If you tell a lie enough times, people will start to believe it".  You are off to a great start here.

Edited by facenthecrowd

There are a lot of facts missing from your post, but they don't fit your agenda, so I understand why you left them out.

CBHS has traveled youth, JV and varsity wrestlers to Father Ryan for the past two straight years. Why would they possibly want to cancel when it is finally coming home? Especially since they have the best team they've had since 2013.

TOS has been lying through his teeth this entire thread - here's his incredulous reaction to claims that CBHS cancelled in December, which is obviously contradicted by his admission that he knew of the cancellation "before Ryan did."

Par for the course for the school out west