Chattanooga area girls bball 2015-2016

FootballFan51

The McMinn Fire has been an area AAU power house for over a decade.  They primarily have always fed McMinn Central, but recently have started to spread.  They now have players from Cleveland, Rhea, Meigs, Polk, McMinn, Loudon, Roane, and Monroe Counties respectively.  They are aguably the best small market AAU program in the state.  Had AAU state final four teams in 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades last year.

The Fire had two programs. The original McMinn Fire split several years ago to McMinn Fire and UA Fire, with both programs being competitive in state competition.  One UA Fire team even won the YBOA National Championship in Florida a couple years ago. I'm not sure if the UA Fire will be around since the guy who coached them (he originally started the McMinn Fire programs over a decade ago) has hung it up, but I know the current McMinn Fire program is still going strong.  The older girls are being coached by a college assistant coach.

McMinn Central has been the recipient of most of the talent in the past, but this year a couple of the good freshmen are at McMinn County, one of them probably the best freshman in the county.  McMinn Central has 5 good freshman on their varsity, and could have more if they had room for them.  The best players at both McMinn schools and Meigs County came up through the Fire program.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a shot at Best Teams by Classification in Chattanooga Area (not incl. Hamilton Heights)

AAA - Bradley, East Hamilton, McMinn County

AA - McMinn Central, Signal Mtn, Sequatchie

A - Meigs, Van Buren, Silverdale/CSAS 

Big drop offs after those teams in all classifications.  Rhea Co and Boyd would be in conversation.  

As for best players (obviously I will offend some by leaving names off this list, so relax, don't criticize, just add names to the discussion), listed in no particular order:

Howard - Bradley

Bouldin - Van Buren

Massengil - Hamilton Heights

Harris - Hamilton Heights

Sanders - Signal Mtn

(scorer from McMinn Central) Can't remember her name, but a great player.

Wright - Boyd

Lewis - SBA

Put that group on one team and you would beat some college programs in the area.  Please add names to this list as all of these ladies have worked hard at becoming good players and all will continue on in college.

Taking a shot at Best Teams by Classification in Chattanooga Area (not incl. Hamilton Heights)

Big drop offs after those teams in all classifications.  Rhea Co and Boyd would be in conversation.  

As for best players (obviously I will offend some by leaving names off this list, so relax, don't criticize, just add names to the discussion), listed in no particular order:

Howard - Bradley

Bouldin - Van Buren

Sanders - Signal Mtn

Wright - Boyd

Lewis - SBA

Put that group on one team and you would beat some college programs in the area.  Please add names to this list as all of these ladies have worked hard at becoming good players and all will continue on in college.

It remains to be seen if McMinn County is near as good as you have them ranked. I don't think they'll even finish 3rd in their district.

Jacobi Lynn is the scorer from McMinn Central.  She's a Junior.

I'd add Taylor Boggess from Meigs County to that list.  She's already signed with Lee University.

Howard - Bradley

Bouldin - Van Buren

Sanders - Signal Mtn

Wright - Boyd

Lewis - SBA

LOLOL thats funny, NO D1 chattanooga teams make the list. No way Signal or Sequatchie can play within 20 of Central. And NO WAY Rhea or BOYD should even be considered REALLY!!! NO, HH should not be included, finally something we agree on.

It remains to be seen if McMinn County is near as good as you have them ranked. I don't think they'll even finish 3rd in their district.

I'd add Taylor Boggess from Meigs County to that list.  She's already signed with Lee University.

Boggess is probably the best of the bunch overall, Lynn is probably the best shooter but Lynn is surrounded by pretty good talent that makes her life alot easier. Boggess definitely is the leader at Meigs but from what ive seen shes surrounded by a good TEAM that just finds a way to win.  Mcminn will finish 3rd.

LOLOL thats funny, NO D1 chattanooga teams make the list. No way Signal or Sequatchie can play within 20 of Central. And NO WAY Rhea or BOYD should even be considered REALLY!!! NO, HH should not be included, finally something we agree on.

I think those are among best in his opinion in each class, not necessarily best overall. Sequatchie needs a lot of work still but starting out 5-1, beating Signal and Grundy last week each in OT, was encouraging. No seniors on team, 3 juniors, 1 sophomore, 1 freshman point in starting lineup. Only 10 on the roster but should have 6 up from 8th grade next year.

Edited by Indian

Boggess is probably the best of the bunch overall, Lynn is probably the best shooter but Lynn is surrounded by pretty good talent that makes her life alot easier. Boggess definitely is the leader at Meigs but from what ive seen shes surrounded by a good TEAM that just finds a way to win.  Mcminn will finish 3rd.

I see McMinn finishing 4th in their district on pure talent alone.  I'm just not sold on their coaches, and I'll leave it at that.  

McMinn Central plays at McMinn tomorrow. I'll give my opinion after watching the Lady Cherokees for the second time this year.

Edited by Glory

If

I see McMinn finishing 4th in their district on pure talent alone.  I'm just not sold on their coaches, and I'll leave it at that.  
McMinn Central plays at McMinn tomorrow. I'll give my opinion after watching the Lady Cherokees for the second time this year.

Regardless of coaches, if Lynn suits up and plays, Central has a chance to win any night!

I forgot Clemmons from Baylor, she has already committed to Vandy.

Boggess is a good player, good add.

Bouldin, Howard, Massengil, Wright and Harris are all D1 players.  Bouldin is going to UTC, and rumor is Howard may go to powerhouse South Carolina, Wright has signed with Belmont.