Houston County 2016

FearedEagle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baker is the kid who played receiver for them last year #7. He also played QB in some of their packages. He just signed a baseball scholarship to Columbia State.

Last year was tough sledding for the whole region. CPA, White House-Heritage, and Stratford were better than anyone in our region last fall. I think WHH loses a ton of seniors but I would guess that CPA is going to be great as usual and that Stratford will continue to improve and draw in talent. I think the kid who was kicked off of the team at Hendersonville after last season ended up at Stratford (not 100% sure of that however).

Houston County had a dream season a year ago going 9-3 and advancing to the second round of the playoffs. They were a staple of their coaching staff. Hard nosed and tough minded kids who got after folks. Their win at Jo Byrns last year in the playoffs was one of the biggest in a long time. I'm not sure who their seniors were by jersey numbers but I can tell you that 11, 6, and 99 all ran the ball hard. 13 was a good back as well. The thing that made them a great team was their line play up front. 57, 56, 62, and the left guard on their OL (69 or 68) were warriors.

I'll be eager to hear how their scrimmage with JB goes tonight.

Those big guys up front took pride in being nasty. They let their mullets grow out, beards get nappy, and made sure their gut was always showing. You would think they were air traffic controllers on Friday nights, they had their own language. We will miss all of the seniors forsure.

If all works out then I will be right there with you 89! Will let you know sooner to the date. How did the Spring go for your boys?

Spring went really well as several players stepped up to fill spots left by our seniors. WC offense could be as explosive as I've seen in several years, on the ground and in the air. Defense looked much better than I thought it would

Spring went really well as several players stepped up to fill spots left by our seniors. WC offense could be as explosive as I've seen in several years, on the ground and in the air. Defense looked much better than I thought it would

Good stuff man! Hope I get to get to make the trip to Waynesboro this year. I'll buy the coffee and you save me a durn good seat. We may even talk about how much smarter we are than that horse feller ;)

He's talking about Clarksville Academy, and he's right. The Robinson kid will be the starter and from what I'm told, he should be. If I'm not mistaken, he started half the year last season and held his own as a freshman.

#10 started at QB last yr most of the time whenever #15 was hurt. Which was about half the season. #4 Dillehay played all over the field and looked great as a freshman but he mostly played out wide catching passes.

In reference to Clarksville Academy.

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

• 1 month later...

As far as I know they will be. Those boys sure do love getting rowdy at that jamboree

Yes they'll play Ezell-Harding at the jamboree and then open with East Robertson the following week before their annual matchup with Stewart County. Their region is pretty good with Wayne County, Huntingdon, and Clarksville Academy. How will Hollow Rock-Bruceton, McEwen, and Collinwood be this year?