bkackman10 cookeville7 in OT

Guest smouth

just got in from the game. blackman gets some calls late to tie the score.it looked like toline had a clear int to stop them with about 3 min left but the ball went back to the blaze.then a fumble on the one went back to the bleze to let them tie it up.they kicked for three to win. good luck.

go cavs!!!!!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

You guys have had a wonderful season. You have accomplished at Cookeville what no ever team has done before. No one can take that away from you. For you seniors...be especially proud of the way you have led your team. Good luck to all of you!

I know the Cavs are feeling down tonight, but you guys have had a great year. You have shown that you are a class team and you have developed into a team that succeeded with pride, teamwork and a genuine respect for your teamates and coaches. Seniors, thank you for your leadership this year. You are a great bunch of guys. You have set the standard for future teams to reach. I am proud to be a Cav dad and want to thank Coach Joslin and your team for making this a memorable year.

Go Cavs

Cav Dad #60

Guest region4fan

To 4walls....great post. You sound like a great supporter of your team. I hope your son is not a senior. It is one of the saddest monents for a dad to see his son 's last game. Win or lose, it is a very emotional time. Been there , done that. I still get misty -eyed thinking about it. Remember they are still boys underneath all that padding, grit, and muscle. They need us always.

A good mark for you my friend. I was sure hoping for a Cookeville-Oakland

game but....at least we went as far as we did!Best of luck to You!

[Edited by region4fan on 11-16-02 10:10A]

cookeville played a good game . they shouldve capitolized on some opportunities early in the game but the defense was awsome. blackman didnt seem to be getting anything going on O. i think cookeville got screwed out of the win because of some terrible calls by the refs. they got that int and then the fumble inside the five on that last drive. i really do think that cookeville is the better team, nevertheless, congrats to blackman and good luck against riverdale

kicker40, there were just as many bad calls against our team as yours. you are representing your team when you are discussing on here, and to me, your team sounds bitter. no offense, but you sound like a sore loser when you blame an entire 48 minutes, plus 8 plays, on a handful of refs. i'm sorry your season is over, but move on. it doesn't do any good to dwell on it. you have earned my respect, and i'm sure the respect of the team. be proud of what you and your team have accomplished. you played ball with us, and for that you deserve the UTMOST respect.

Guest region4fan

Just wanted to point out a quick fact...you are blaming Cookeville fans for being bitter. When there is a controversial call in OT it is not as easy to shrug off a loss. Be patient. I feel like if it was reversed and Cookeville won....we would hear some Blackman fans on here yelling and screaming "FOUL PLAY!!" Let me see if my memory is correct....when Lebanon trounced you guys...the fans were not on Lebanon's back! IN STEAD they were on here wanting to fire BHS'S coaches and squealing about the play calling. You are winning, so now everything is hunky dory! If you lose this week to Riverdale...I expect your fans will be doing the same on here about coaches again. So let this guy vent a little. That is what these boards are for! Now having said that...I wish you guys luck at Tomahawk.

Guest region4fan

I thought that I had read on here that Blackman fumbled in OT on the one and it was not ruled a fumble. Then Blackman kicked and won it. Is that not right? That was what I was talking about the controversy was over. i could be mistaken, but it happened in someone's OT game on Fri. Blackman's was the only OT that I knew of.Everyone knows that there are lots of"shoulda, woulda, coulda's" for EVERY game. I still say let them rant...you are the ones going onto Tomahawk, not them. Again...good luck!