Region 1-AAA (Districts 1 and 2) 2015-16

WhereChampionsAreMade

Here we are two months into the season, and here's what we've got .

In the IMAC (District 2) Jefferson County is still good but not as good as they've been. They lack size this year and seem to live and die by the outside shot. South-Doyle has made some noise this year, boasting arguably the IMAC's best player in Miles Thomas, but Sevier County (10-2) has been on fire lately. One of those three teams will win the district. West is again bringing up the rear, having not won a district game in four tries, and have blown two major chances to get a district win. Last year was somewhat justifiable with all the injuries, but the Trojans are healthy now, so I'm trying to figure this one out.

In District 1, Science Hill is near the top like they almost always are, and to no one's surprise, David Crockett looks to be the frontrunner this year. I'm very surprised to see Dobyns-Bennett at 2-8 so far because they've always been one of the toughest to beat.

How will it play out?

No clue what's going on with DB this year but they look horrible from what I've seen. What happened to the Indians? They even had a pretty good team last year. They look lost this year.

Crockett is the best team in NE TN but they better enjoy it while it lasts. That team will look totally different next year. The SH transfers have stopped and Patrick Good will be gone off to college.

I bet Crockett gets a couple more transfers if Good stays and they won't be all that bad next year they have one or 2 players I'd say they will be Top 4 team in the Big 7 next year. SH will probably be back on top next year they will have a solid group of Seniors with experience. If Coach Good leaves I think he will be at DB.

I really think the transfers have stopped regardless of whether Coach Good stays at Crockett or leaves. He's a great coach but players were transferring there mainly to play with his son. I don't see Coach Good staying at Crockett much longer though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's not even there next year. DB would be foolish not to go after him. With the athelets they already have there he could turn that program around quick. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back at SH either. Isn't he a Topper alum?

Idk I see quite a few LB middle school Bball players at Crockett games every week and as long as Cutlip is there they will keep coming down Jonesborough because they don't like him Is what I hear alot. Coach Good isn't leaving next year he's got 3 or 4 kids there at DC who transferred that has another year left so he will stay for at least them. He is a SH alum but I think after SH was raising all that heck about kids leaving to go to DC it left a sour taste in his mouth but never know I'd say he will be at eaither DB or SH when he does leave. Even if no more kids transfer and Coach Good doesn't stay it was fun while it lasted

No clue what's going on with DB this year but they look horrible from what I've seen. What happened to the Indians? They even had a pretty good team last year. They look lost this year.

Crockett is the best team in NE TN but they better enjoy it while it lasts. That team will look totally different next year. The SH transfers have stopped and Patrick Good will be gone off to college.

D-B has been good lately, even ending Crockett's season last year, so their 2-9 record has me scratching my head.

As for Crockett, I guess we all have to wonder is John Good going to stay there after this year?

I bet Crockett gets a couple more transfers if Good stays and they won't be all that bad next year they have one or 2 players I'd say they will be Top 4 team in the Big 7 next year. SH will probably be back on top next year they will have a solid group of Seniors with experience. If Coach Good leaves I think he will be at DB.

Do you think D-B would get rid of Morgan?