Who Are the Best Teams in East TN?

etownsparky

You want your kid to go to a private school that's fine but play private. We're D1 your D2.

Same excuse I used to hear when I went to BA. Actually, my kid goes to a public school. We enjoy beating the crap out of DII schools as well as schools that play outside of the TSSAA. DII private schools aren't as strong in TN girls basketball as DI public schools. Best to just figure out how to get better instead of whining about why you cannot win. Not wanting to play private schools because of the perception (that isn't reality) that they are better is along the mentality of everyone gets a participation trophy. You cannot get better until you play against the best. I don't think any DII schools or HH comes close to being one of the best in the state of TN...at least not one of the top 5 programs.

How about making the measuring stick Bradley Central in the Chattanooga area? They are a good public school team who has put together a string of success over the years in girl's basketball. They also beat the Chattanooga Goliath Hamilton Heights (that you appear to fear your girls playing) by 15 this year. Hamilton Heights isnt even the best team in the Chattanooga area. Work to emulate and beat Bradley Central.

Two of their top 3 players are from out of zone.

If they did it legally, there is no argument.  If not by proper protocol and can be without a shadow of a doubt proven, then report them to the TSSAA.  My bet is it was all done by proper protocol.  Bradley Central coach has been there too long to make that kind of mistake.  It isn't worth his job.

Caught the McMinn Central game against Alcoa (16-9)(7-1)last night. Central won 60-35 without Ms Basketball finalist Jacobi Lynn in the line-up. Apparently she is resting a bruised thumb. Central shut out Alcoa 19-0 in the 4th period. Their defense is relentless and they rebounded well. I thought this game said a lot about Central as a team winning soundly against a pretty good Aloca team without their bread and butter player on the floor. Can't wait to see Miss Lynn back on the court!

I was very interested last night in how they would do. Alcoa isn't a slouch team, and I was worried how we would handle them without Jacobi on the court. After a slightly slow start, I was very impressed with our play. Defense, especially in the 2nd half was maybe the best I've seen from them all year. It definitely goes to show just how deep Central is off the bench. Valuable playing time for the younger players last night, and they lived up to the pressure. Very exciting.

As bad as EH was for so long and appearing to not be interested in getting better, it's understandable that a girl would want to play for a better program. With Tony Williams there and the immediate improvement in the program I'd say the problem is probably solved.

I agree there are snake coaches who recruit girls. It happened to Howard and I've seen it happen numerous times to girls in McMinn County and surrounding counties.

i agree it happens with the Mcminn Fire program all the time. Because Jacobi Lynn should of been going to tellico.

As bad as EH was for so long and appearing to not be interested in getting better, it's understandable that a girl would want to play for a better program. With Tony Williams there and the immediate improvement in the program I'd say the problem is probably solved.

I agree there are snake coaches who recruit girls. It happened to Howard and I've seen it happen numerous times to girls in McMinn County and surrounding counties.

Tony is a great Coach and motivator!I've known him a long time and ANY school should be proud to have him.He has done an outstanding job at EH.Good man and very good Coach.