Sweetwater vs Oliver Springs

Guest Yourdaddy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have been waiting for this game down here since week 8!the only reason anyone down here was pulling for you all against wartburg was because we all wanted to see ya'll again down here in the "water"!!but this game is more than it shows....it is not only a 3rd round play-off game but there is also something else on the line for the wildcats.. the wildcats are going to try to make history with there 1st ever win over 2A powerhouse oliver springs!we have lost 3 games already in 2 years against OS..by the way...has OS lost this year??...cause according to some of the OS fans on here you guys should be gettin close to the longest winning streak in state history because i have yet to hear an OS fan admit to getting beat..it is always the refs or something else..I will prolly have a heartattack the day someone from OS come out and says "we got beat".I do agree that this game will be a very good one!!I have much respect for the OS football team...but not people like the oshsman that gets on here and talks all that crap!!it's people like that...that gets on here and makes OS seem bad..and as for "yourdaddy"...you are a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!for the last time....it wasn't anybody from the sweetwater high school that stole anything at all from the OS football team!!that was kids from the middle school!!so if that is the only thing good you got to talk about just keep on talking!!(lol) and you get your little cigar and sit overthere at the os locker room...waiting for someone to jump...because the only people feeling frogy to jump will be the wildcats out on the field!!!!!!!!!!well...we will be down here getting ready for the game...so i hope ya'll are ready!!...cuz "we ready"!!!! :D

2 down 3 to go and your next!!!!goodluck!!

:D:D:o:):):):):):):):):) ---

To all you Sweetwater fans out there, we have a chance friday night to make history. We can be the first team in history, I mean ever, to beat Oliver Springs. To listen to them every game they have ever lost they really didnt. You see just like your daddy said, we stold the game last year. Every time I hear them talk all I hear is that the refs cost us !! Every game they play should be broadcast on the "Food Channel" because that is the only place they can get cheese with that whine. Win or loose friday night Sweetwaters team, Coaching Staff and fans will do it with class, not show there... well you get the picture. :x

Quick stats:

Oliver Springs has beaten Sweetwater four times in the last ten years. Three times at home, once at Sweetwater. The one road win since 1993 came in 2000.

2000: This was the year the Bobcats lost by 4 to Cloudland. Trailing 20-6 as the fourth quarter started, the Highlanders took advantage of penalties called against the very young Bobcat team to take the win.

Oliver Springs has proven this season that they can play with the "winners." But also proven is that as the number of mistakes increase, opportunities for victory diminish.

[Edited by BluenRedRaiders on 11-17-02 8:33P]

You know---the more some of you Sweetwater (and OS) people post, the more the old saying "ignorance is bliss" applies to some of you.

I have tried to stay very civil in this post by trying to get people to write or (actually type) why their team will win. Well...all a few people want to do is bring down the other by saying this and that.

For one, you haven't seen me get on here and say the officials cost OS contest #1 between the two teams last year. First of all, when you are leading 13-0 or whatever it was in the 4th quarter in week 8 at home, I've said all along you should never lose no matter how bad one believe's the officiating is when up like that. As for the playoff matchup, you don't see many illegal picks, but....did that cost OS the game?? Maybe, maybe not. Who am I to say?? As for the contest with Kingston and Sweetwater this season, I've never once blamed the official so...to SAY ALL OS fans blame the refs is absolutely absurd!!

Guest OSGuacomole

Hey H2O I plat football for OS and Ill say it "We got beat" and you know who beat us was ourselfs we had 3 chances in the red zone to score, and if #22 was not hurt I believe we would have punched them in. Just my opinion, Good Luck this week. :x

Fortunately, the last game can't be replayed "hypothetically." OSHShand, while you have your websters out, you can look that one up too. If you play the "if" game, you need to do it for both teams. Result would be that the margin of defeat would have been greater.

I like how A9 says he has never blamed the officials for a loss and then alludes to some "illegal" pick that, noncommittally, "may or may not" have made a difference. Pretty funny.

Now, on to this Friday.

[Edited by thevoiceoreason on 11-18-02 9:54A]

I wish so much I could see this one. But I think I might have to settle for going to Cleveland and Maryville stand off. Not a bad backup plan is it??? I wish I could go to OS and Sweetwater I had to miss the first contest as well. I think however that Sweetwater is so much more talented then OS with the speed at other athletic abilities that hamper us moutain boys over here. But what OS doens't get out of athletic ability they get out of Heart and the great defensive coaching of Jones and Offensive line coaching of Green and the leadership and management of Johnson. I think it will be close I mean very close but to close to pick right now.

Guest shsbaseballman

Well Mr. Your daddy you are wrong about the score and you can sit with a fat cigar and cherry coke all you want the thing is we are not over rated. Everyone says well Sweetwater doesn't play any one. Well all I have to say about that is G.P. We beat them 27-0 and they just knocked off Anderson County. G.P. is going to win this friday too and show just how good some of the teams we play are good. The score of the last game didn't even show how bad we beat ya'll cause if you think about it you had about 40 total yards after the first touchdown, and also we fumbled twice at the one yard line. So I am thinking that the score is going to be about 24-0 Sweetwater. I think this because our defence in the playoffs has given up one touchdown and that was our J.V. Oliver Springs won't even see the end zone.