EHS Girls Basketball placed on TSSAA probation

dawgpound69

Hey fastpace. What's wrong? You tired of Betsy whipping and embarrassing your team? Our girls have done no wrong! You compare them to Riverdale, but there is no comparison. Riverdale team chose to go along with what the coach decided to do. Our girls just play basketball and win.

Your program has done wrong you idiot and when that happens you have to pay for it. Just bc it involves the mighty Betsy team does not mean they should be treated different than any other team that CHEATS!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your program has done wrong you idiot and when that happens you have to pay for it. Just bc it involves the mighty Betsy team does not mean they should be treated different than any other team that CHEATS!

You are correct they got caught and the tssaa has handed down their punishment. In the eyes of tssaa it wasn't as bad as throwing a game so I don't know what your point is?

There you go fastpace, blame it on the girls. Maybe they will get kicked out of post season.......it won't happen. You can call me all the names you want to, but it won't make me love this team any less! Again, sorry if we beat up on y'all during regular season. Maybe y'all will be able to compete with us next year!

Fastpace. The fact you even suggest what elizabethton did was remotely the same as Riverdale is absurd and should render further arguments from you void. One involved the players AND coaches blatantly throwing a game. This is an eighth grader who practiced with the freshman team. I'm guessing you are the guy who says ban the team no matter what the infraction was. There's a reason TSSAA has various levels of sanctions. This one in no way affects the season or team and the punishment fits the crime. The only one at fault are the ones who invited the player to practice and those who knew and did nothing. The team itself is of no fault and the fact you seem to be on a witch hunt clearly reveals you hate elizabethton for whatever selfish reason.

Here is the issue here: yes, this violation would not effect this years team. But, if the coach got away with it and did get the player it effects the opponents of Eliz the next four years. So my opinion is the punishment was nowhere near harsh enough. I do not know a single person from Eliz...assume they are all great people, but reality is the simple fact you got caught cheating and cheaters should be punished more harshly then this!

Here is the issue here: yes, this violation would not effect this years team. But, if the coach got away with it and did get the player it effects the opponents of Eliz the next four years. So my opinion is the punishment was nowhere near harsh enough. I do not know a single person from Eliz...assume they are all great people, but reality is the simple fact you got caught cheating and cheaters should be punished more harshly then this!

Do you not hear yourself assuming in your comment? You can't punish someone for something that could have happened if it never did. That's like saying well he had a gun and in his hand and IF he pulled the trigger he could have killed someone let's go ahead and charge him with murder instead of assult. Sorry buddy that's not how rules and laws work. You have to have facts not assumptions. Your comment was ignorant

Edited by Swipes

Do you not hear yourself assuming in your comment? You can't punish someone for something that could have happened if it never did. That's like saying well he had a gun and in his hand and IF he pulled the trigger he could have killed someone let's go ahead and charge him with murder instead of assult. Sorry buddy that's not how rules and laws work. You have to have facts not assumptions. Your comment was ignorant

So if you attempted to rob the local bank, but didn't actually get any money, you think that no one would care? Cheating is cheating, and he did his part whether or not he was caught. I understand that you "defend" the team that you root for, but recruiting is violating the rules no matter the scope or success.

So if you attempted to rob the local bank, but didn't actually get any money, you think that no one would care? Cheating is cheating, and he did his part whether or not he was caught. I understand that you "defend" the team that you root for, but recruiting is violating the rules no matter the scope or success.

I'm not even a Elizabethton fan actually a rival school. I never said no one would care but you can't charge someone with something that didnt happen. The guy was speculating saying IF she would have came and played. (which didn't happen). So by his logic and your logic it seems all crimes or cheating should be treated equal. Speeding is breaking a law but the consequences arent the same as murder. The coach got caught and being punished. I just don't see how you can give a punishment to the girls on the team if they had no clue what was going on unlike the Riverdale situation last year.

Ignorant? How am I assuming? They would not have been punished if they didnt do anything wrong...therefore, you make no sense whatsoever. If you had the ability to comprehend the words you read, you would have understood my point was punishment was not harsh enough.

Edited by wbryguy

Ignorant? How am I assuming? They would not have been punished if they didnt do anything wrong...therefore, you make no sense whatsoever. If you had the ability to comprehend the words you read, you would have understood my point was punishment was not harsh enough.

No one has said they didnt do anything wrong, not once has that been stated. You said they should have been punished more because of what could have happened but never did. If what you through out there as a scenario actually happened I'm sure the punishment would have been alot worse. That's the same thing as throwing on extra charges of what could have happened but not what actually did happen. Different rules and different crimes have different punishments am I correct? In the eyes of the tssaa letting an 8th grader practice for a little bit when she hasn't decided were she was going to high school at isn't near as bad as a whole team throwing a game to stay away from another team and making national news. Sorta the same way as a speeding ticket is breaking the law and there are punishment for for that, but not the same punishment as murder. Both are still breaking the law just different punishments. It's really not that hard to grasp.....

Edited by Swipes

Dugger (like alot of old school coaches) bends and breaks the rules:  off season workouts, open gyms which are really practices, recruiting............he did it decades ago with the boys and he still does it.   This time the violation was so obvious and undeniable that the school admin could not turn a blind eye as the AD had done many times before on the open gym/off season questionable practices.   The irony is that his current team is all home-grown so to speak as I believe all the senior starters came up from their middle school.  They have worked really hard to get where they are and of course Dugger should get alot of credit.  He is a very good coach.

But its well known in coaching circles that he doesnt always play by the rules

Anyway the end result of this will be that Dugger will retire/move on after this team finishes its amazing run with a likely state title.   I look for him to follow the twins to ETSU in some capacity.   

I