R'dale v Oakland Alum Game

Lost Old Dad

i have a question about the alumni game, why was there a former siegel football player playing for oakland? whats up with that......i guess recruiting never stops, even after playing days

I have a better question....WHY was this game not advertised MORE?  While 'facebook' maybe more chic, it would not have taken more than 5 minutes to put it on HERE!

Details David, DETAILS!  Now where is the roster for BOTH teams?  Who got to play that I missed getting to see again.  I was on here at 6:10 PM Friday night and Sat Night hoping to seeing something to say it was going to be played for sure.  There was NOTHING so I stayed home.

WHO Coached both teams?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a better question....WHY was this game not advertised MORE?  While 'facebook' maybe more chic, it would not have taken more than 5 minutes to put it on HERE!

Details David, DETAILS!  Now where is the roster for BOTH teams?  Who got to play that I missed getting to see again.  I was on here at 6:10 PM Friday night and Sat Night hoping to seeing something to say it was going to be played for sure.  There was NOTHING so I stayed home.

WHO Coached both teams?

We announced it in March

http://www.dnj.com/search/alumni%20game/

Players had been practicing for months.  The DNJ ran several articles on it as you can see above.  A link was on the

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/football/  page since March.

I tweeted updates.  Rosters were not available until game day.   We obviously did a pretty good job promoting it since all the pre-sale locations sold out and there was a line at the ticket booth well after the game started and before it started raining it was almost standing room only.

Everyone seemed to have a great time!   check out Tom Kreager's tweets @kreager  or mine @rhs_sid  and @rhs_sports for coverage of the game as well as our new website  http://arrowsup.org/

By the way, you seemed to know about this since you started this thread  :rolleyes::thumb: :thumb:

Edited by davidlimbaugh

We announced it in March

http://www.dnj.com/search/alumni%20game/

Players had been practicing for months.  The DNJ ran several articles on it as you can see above.  A link was on the

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/football/  page since March.

I tweeted updates.  Rosters were not available until game day.   We obviously did a pretty good job promoting it since all the pre-sale locations sold out and there was a line at the ticket booth well after the game started and before it started raining it was almost standing room only.

Everyone seemed to have a great time!   check out Tom Kreager's tweets @kreager  or mine @rhs_sid  and @rhs_sports for coverage of the game as well as our new website  http://arrowsup.org/

By the way, you seemed to know about this since you started this thread  :rolleyes::thumb: :thumb:

Sorry but us old farts do not Facebook or Tweet.  Only Tweet I know about was constantly harassed and almost eaten by Sylvester the cat!

There was NOTHING under the 'Events' section of the web site.  Yes, I saw the initial announcement in the DNJ, nothing on the specifics was listed.

I am not going to subscribe the Daily Newsless Journal just because I can't get FULL news on the team on the web site or here. Evidently you saw me ask about it when I made the original post, but NEVER once got on to tell about it until it was OVER!

I am glad the game was well attended. Must be Oakland has a better way of getting the news out. Hopefully I won't have to depend on their web site next year for news for game two.

Sorry but us old farts do not Facebook or Tweet.  Only Tweet I know about was constantly harassed and almost eaten by Sylvester the cat!

There was NOTHING under the 'Events' section of the web site.  Yes, I saw the initial announcement in the DNJ, nothing on the specifics was listed.

I am not going to subscribe the Daily Newsless Journal just because I can't get FULL news on the team on the web site or here. Evidently you saw me ask about it when I made the original post, but NEVER once got on to tell about it until it was OVER!

I am glad the game was well attended. Must be Oakland has a better way of getting the news out. Hopefully I won't have to depend on their web site next year for news for game two.

Information about the upcoming game was on the Welcome Page of the Football site until I got home from the game and removed it and added the article about the game in its place.  Details on how to sign up were there.  When the game was being played was there. I assumed you had read that since you mentioned your son could not get leave to play in it. My contact info is on the website as well. I had also placed the information on the arrowsup.org site I am working to get ready this summer and it sent out a tweet.

You seem to be the only one who didn't get 'the news' on it. I am truly sorry you didn't.  Riverdale folks were there in force so we must have done a pretty good job getting the news out to everyone but you.  

The decision was made early Saturday morning to play it as planned so I didn't see any need to change anything since the information was already there. To date you seem to be the only $10 we didn't make. 

I will leave you on this.  I will continue to 'get the word out' the best way I can, using the best tools I have at my disposal. If you don't use twitter, I am afraid you are being left behind.