Dyer County football hired new head coach.

DCFAN1

Dyer County High School names David Whittle the new head football coach to the lead Choctaws. Whittle has been head coach for the Northview Middle school as long as its been open and has a middle school football state tittle and has been to the playoffs serval times. I think Whittle is good for the job because he has coached a lot of the guys. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not going to buy that based on recent history. Look at what Humboldt is doing after they fired Coach Bland to hire their middle school coach.. The Vikings are hovering around .500 now. Dyer County is in a tough region that will be down in 2016. I hope they do good enough to squeak in the playoffs. I don't know Coach Whittle but I always questioned bringing in the "middle school coach" to coach the high school team.

Probably not going to buy that based on recent history. Look at what Humboldt is doing after they fired Coach Bland to hire their middle school coach.. The Vikings are hovering around .500 now. Dyer County is in a tough region that will be down in 2016. I hope they do good enough to squeak in the playoffs. I don't know Coach Whittle but I always questioned bringing in the "middle school coach" to coach the high school team.

Talent level may have dropped at Humbolt. Coach Bland worked hard and is a very good coach...many decades of experience

The difference is with DC there is nowhere to go but up.

The opening of SG hurt Humboldt more than anything

I can agree with that. I would've thought it would hurt Milan and USJ/Trinity Christian more than Humboldt. It obviously doesn't hurt Peabody. I talked to someone from Gibson County the other day and all they have said is that they are getting the Rutherford/Dyer kids. I honestly would've thought when South Gibson opened, Gibson County would closed down. Good thing they didn't happen!!! I love the Pioneers!

Good hire. Very interjected and well like in the community. Kids will respond to him and the program will keep moving forward. Talent level is getting better with both middle schools having great programs. If he gets all coaches both high school and middle school on the same page the sky is the limit. Dyer Co Football has a brighter future with the hiring of Coach Whittle