Class A Final 8

FootballFan51

Who are the favorites to make it to the Class A Championship game? 3 teams from Chattanooga area are in it. Silverdale & Meigs Co. both have a shot at it. They are the two highest ranked on the Coach T rankings, which factors in strength of schedule. Marion Co. did beat Silverdale once, but Silverdale seems to be on a roll lately.

Anyone know much about who is favored from Middle & West TN?

Edited by FootballFan51

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midway High is there too, and they're just about 15 miles north of Meigs County.  They're the only A team to beat Meigs this year (1-3 overall against Meigs), which shows they're capable of making some noise.  Midway is also coached by a former Meigs County softball player.

I know Meigs and Siverdale aren't in the same Region, but I still wish the TSSAA wouldn't have teams from adjoining Regions in the same bracket, and especially the first game.

It looks like it will be a Chattanooga area Top 3.

Marion County had the easiest draw (opposite bracket from Silverdale & Meigs) & will finish Top 3.

Meigs & Silverdale should play for the Championship tomorrow, but Marion Co. will have a chance to be in there as well.

Midway and Silverdale are playing at 4:00 CST in the semi-finals of the loser's bracket.

Meigs and Marion play in the semi-finals of the winner's bracket at 5:30 CST.

The winner of the Midway-Silverdale game will get the loser of the Meigs-Marion game early tomorrow at 9:00 CST. Whoever wins that will get the winner of the Meigs-Marion game tomorrow afternoon at 2:00 CST and if they win will have to play them again tomorrow afternoon at 5:30 CST for the Championship.

Edited by blitzinbuc

Great job by both teams. Great girls and great ball players on both sides.

Would not surprise me to see these two teams in the Championship game the next two years as well.

I don't know much about Silverdale, but Meigs was a predominantly Sophomore-ladened team this year. They lose three Seniors, and I believe they'll only have one Senior next season, so their chances of making it to State look great!