Class A Final 8

FootballFan51

Silverdale will probably be Division II year after next. They will continue to load up like they did getting the girl from Rhea County via Boyd-Buchanan a.few years ago, went on to pitch at Kentucky and UTC and really lifted the Silverdale program. But at least they'll be in with other similar schools in the postseason.

Looking at the numbers Meigs could be back in Class AA in two years, as things move slightly due to private schools (apparently, not done yet) going Division II. They would have been the AA favorite this year and will be a good program whichever class they fall into. Marion could also be AA again.

Edited by Indian

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silverdale will probably be Division II year after next. They will continue to load up like they did getting the girl from Rhea County via Boyd-Buchanan a.few years ago, went on to pitch at Kentucky and UTC and really lifted the Silverdale program. But at least they'll be in with other similar schools in the postseason.

Looking at the numbers Meigs could be back in Class AA in two years, as things move slightly due to private schools (apparently, not done yet) going Division II. They would have been the AA favorite this year and will be a good program whichever class they fall into. Marion could also be AA again.

Yea Indian you are right, very hard to compete with those D2 teams playing D1.

Silverdale is a bought and paid for team, no doubt about it, and should already be Div. II. What Meigs did was nothing short of remarkable by beating them.  Silverdale also had a stud transfer there from Chattanooga Central at Christmas break who was "somehow" eligible to play for them in the State tourney. 

GOOD RIDDANCE

I agree 100%.  From seeing how their fans acted and listening to them Friday against Meigs, they're some of the worst I've ever seen.  If some of them were parents of the players, I feel sorry for their children. They were an embarrassment to a "supposedly" Christian school.

I agree 100%. From seeing how their fans acted and listening to them Friday against Meigs, they're some of the worst I've ever seen. If some of them were parents of the players, I feel sorry for their children. They were an embarrassment to a "supposedly" Christian school.

I agree, completely embarrassing. Yes they were parents. I guess when you pay to play your not suppose to lose. It's a shame though that a couple of those parents give the whole school a bad name.