6A Region 1 2016

Governm

The JV and freshmen teams were very talented. I've been saying the same thing.

I agree this years freshmen and jv should be very good. If all these players buy into what Riley is wanting out of them the future looks very good. Its all up to the players attitudes

Yes, we lost some really good football players last year.  They will be hard to replace.  That said, there is still some talent on this team.  We may even be better at a few positions.  

Last year's freshman class had a lot of talent.  Some of those kids will play varsity this year.  Some may even start.  This year's freshman class has some really good players too.

Yes, we lost some really good football players last year. They will be hard to replace. That said, there is still some talent on this team. We may even be better at a few positions.

Last year's freshman class had a lot of talent. Some of those kids will play varsity this year. Some may even start. This year's freshman class has some really good players too.

I would think one of the freshman receivers will start on varsity this year. He's a stud. We couldn't stop him.

He will play but I don't think he will start.  The starting QB for the freshman team last year was moved to defense in the spring and has a chance to start at corner opposite his brother who was All Region last year.  Our projected starter at RB for 2016 has run sub 4.5 40's at multiple camps this summer.

I think the biggest questions for us are can we protect our QB and block well enough to be effective in the running game.  Of course, aren't those the same questions every team has.

He will play but I don't think he will start. The starting QB for the freshman team last year was moved to defense in the spring and has a chance to start at corner opposite his brother who was All Region last year. Our projected starter at RB for 2016 has run sub 4.5 40's at multiple camps this summer.

I think the biggest questions for us are can we protect our QB and block well enough to be effective in the running game. Of course, aren't those the same questions every team has.

that's the big question royz we have the skilled players but are they going to get any blocking.

I think everybody is about right as far as predictions go this year.  DaChamps is sandbagging us a little.  As for our boys, this year is a major question mark.  The defense lost 1 starter from a year ago.  The offense is having to break in a talented, but very very young and inexperienced OLine as well as a new QB. And we all know the games are won and lost up front.  Skill guys return around them though.  I would say my early prediction would be

1. Maryville

2. BC (Great QB, needs more consistency around him)

3. DB (A little bit of a wake up call last year, good ball players)

4th will be a fight between Science Hill, HVA, and hopefully Bearden

7. Jeff County (Don't be surprised if they get into that 4th place talk

8. William Blount

I think everybody is about right as far as predictions go this year. DaChamps is sandbagging us a little. As for our boys, this year is a major question mark. The defense lost 1 starter from a year ago. The offense is having to break in a talented, but very very young and inexperienced OLine as well as a new QB. And we all know the games are won and lost up front. Skill guys return around them though. I would say my early prediction would be

1. Maryville

2. BC (Great QB, needs more consistency around him)

3. DB (A little bit of a wake up call last year, good ball players)

4th will be a fight between Science Hill, HVA, and hopefully Bearden

7. Jeff County (Don't be surprised if they get into that 4th place talk

8. William Blount

Nah bud. I'm not sandbagging. Im speaking the truth. We can finish 2nd, but it's not gonna happen. I speak for a lot of BC fans when I say we lose games that we shouldn't. All these teams that seen us play, if they really payed attention, knows that our OC sucks. One of the worst in Tennessee. I'm not taking anything away from our guys. They play their hearts out. Probably

More than any team in this region last year. We was out sized in every single game last year and they really surprised us. I don't think we should have lost to Bearden last year, shouldn't have lost to SH and sure shouldn't have lost to Riverdale in round 1. We have the kids that can do their part, but as everyone watched last year, they turned it into a Copeland show. It helps maybe being the best QB in Tennessee, but we also have other talented players around him that can contribute just as much as him. Coaches has got to do their part. We was very young last year. Might have been the youngest team in this region, but like all other teams, we lost key players as well. Gonna be hard to replace. Tyler Carpenter may have been the best WR in this region. Someone is gonna have to step up and replace him. Pretty sure we only lost 3 offensive players. WR and 2 OL. Only lost a couple of defensive players as well. We have the team and players to compete in this region (except Maryville) but can the coaches do their part. Keep an eye out on number 1, Pearson. Div 1 talent written all over him. He was only as sophomore last year and caused havoc in every single game. Best LB/DE we have had in a while. But yeah, I do think we can finish up top, but we won't.

I dont know where the Govs will finish, but I am highly confident we wont go winless in the region again. This team is too much better across the board to do that. We return our QB and best skill players and have a few new guys who will contribute big time on offense and defense. Our roster is double the size it was last year and the team will be in much better shape this year after a great offseason in the weight room.

I dont know where the Govs will finish, but I am highly confident we wont go winless in the region again. This team is too much better across the board to do that. We return our QB and best skill players and have a few new guys who will contribute big time on offense and defense. Our roster is double the size it was last year and the team will be in much better shape this year after a great offseason in the weight room.

You've convinced me. I've never seen you this excited about WB football during the summer before

I'm not sure where I'd put Science Hill yet. They're a wildcard. They're a team that lost a lot of talent to graduation. With that said, they do have a lot of underclassmen talent, albeit not much experience. QB is a big question mark here. They will probably use a two QB system most of the season. Going into spring practice I think most people figured the starting job would go to rising Junior, Jaylan Adams. He's been playing on the varsity squad since he was a Freshman and even has a little experience starting several games at QB for the Toppers. He's not very big but he uses his feet well and has an elusiveness to him. He reminds me some of former Topper standout, Malik McGue. The other young man who will probably see a lot of playing time at QB this year is Jake Blankenship. He's another Junior and really came on in the spring from what I heard. He's apparently showed a lot of potential thus far and I know the coaches have been very impressed with the way he's commanded the team.

Aside from QB, I think the biggest question mark for the Toppers will be the DL. They have very little experience returning to that unit. Secondary is also a bit of a concern. With concern for the DL and Secondary, I will say that the LB corp is going to be great. Senior, Bryson Tolley, is one of the best in East TN. 

As for the offensive side of the ball, OL is well ahead of schedule. I think they could be the most surprising unit going into fall. They look good. Skill players also look good. RB's look excellent with talent and depth. WR's look solid. And  at 6'5, Nakiya Smith, is going to be a nightmare matchup with other teams at TE.

Can't wait to get the season started. Go Toppers

Edited by TFL2001

• 4 weeks later...