3A preseason all state

Indian

Didn't mean to make two post but anyway, I've seen that kid play and he's a ball player FOR SURE and I am by no means degrading 8k+ passing yards as a rising senior but is he really closing in on the state record for a career? I figured it to be something ridiculous? I could most definitely be wrong and if I am please say so, I just figured it would be something up there with 15k+ if not more.. I actually thought CAK had a kid a few years ago that put up stupid numbers and was a three or four year starter.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't mean to make two post but anyway, I've seen that kid play and he's a ball player FOR SURE and I am by no means degrading 8k+ passing yards as a rising senior but is he really closing in on the state record for a career? I figured it to be something ridiculous? I could most definitely be wrong and if I am please say so, I just figured it would be something up there with 15k+ if not more.. I actually thought CAK had a kid a few years ago that put up stupid numbers and was a three or four year starter.

According to unapproved website [a sports site we're apparently not allowed to mention by name...sorry about that coacht!] Charlie High finished with 10,978 career yards.  He was a starter only in his Jr. and Sr. seasons and one game in sophomore year due to injury to the sr. QB (Charlie started at S but not at QB as a sophomore; he didn't play his freshman year due to ineligibility from having transferred to another school and then back to CAK, so he got all those yards in the course of two full seasons and spot action in his sophomore year).  I don't know if Charlie is the state record holder or not.  With over 8,000 yards so far, the current QB Cole Smith certainly has a shot at reaching Charlie's number. We'll have to see how the season goes and how much the new staff wants to run the ball as compared to passing. I had the privilege of watching both Charlie High and Cole Smith throughout their careers at CAK and they are truly exceptional players, and I'm excited about getting to see one more year of Cole.

Edited by Warriors2011