York @ White County

sgt221

I have two sons on the Warriors team and I will be cheering for them to get the win tonight. However, as I see the Dragons run on the field tonight I am sure that a smile will come to my face as I think of one of the greatest young men I ever met who wore his York letterman with pride. His name was Ronnie Swafford. I Went on a mission trip with Ronnie when I was 15. He was a gentle giant. I will never forget him having kids in the slums of Monterrey Mexico flock to him, they were amazed at his size (especially his feet). He was one of the kindest persons I ever met! He made an impact on many people. My heart broke as a teenage boy when I heard that he had been in a wreck on his way to take the ACT and had died. Tonight I want my Warriors to win but for my friends sake part of me will always cheer for the dragons.

I have two sons on the Warriors team and I will be cheering for them to get the win tonight. However, as I see the Dragons run on the field tonight I am sure that a smile will come to my face as I think of one of the greatest young men I ever met who wore his York letterman with pride. His name was Ronnie Swafford. I Went on a mission trip with Ronnie when I was 15. He was a gentle giant. I will never forget him having kids in the slums of Monterrey Mexico flock to him, they were amazed at his size (especially his feet). He was one of the kindest persons I ever met! He made an impact on many people. My heart broke as a teenage boy when I heard that he had been in a wreck on his way to take the ACT and had died. Tonight I want my Warriors to win but for my friends sake part of me will always cheer for the dragons.

Im not one to get on here and post but I love to read the comments. Ronnie was one of my best friends in high school. He was just as you described. I look back and wander what he would or could have accomplished had his life not been cut short. Thank you so much for remembering my friend and saying such kind words of him.