8AA 2016-2017

Belsnickel

IF, and that's a big if, York were to beat upperman AND CM were to lose to Smith, then the tie between CM and York wouldn't matter as they'd play each other in the first round regardless of seeding. They'd both be the 4-5 seed.[/quote

They changed the tournament bracket this year. 1&2 seed get automatic dbl bye.

3-4 seed get a single round bye. 5 vs 8, 6 vs 7 in round 1.

5 v 8 (winner plays 4) (winner plays 1)

6 v 7 (winner plays 3) (winner plays 2)

That's news to me. That's stupid though IMO. The first and second seed automatically get to skip two games of the tournament and only have to play one game to the get to the ship? I understand rewarding the first seed but giving first AND second two game byes it absurd. It also eliminates the chances of a bigger upset early on. Terrible way to do it. I liked last year's format where first seed got a one game bye and then 7/8 played to get in to the tournament. That's a fair reward to first seed and an extra incentive to not be 7/8. Also, this new format would eliminate the whole "one win and you're in region tournament" thing. Is it just the final 4 teams in the tournament? So 1 and 2 are automatically in region? Ridiculous. Let the boys play.

central magnet just finished 3rd place. What an incredible feat. 3 yrs ago this team had never won a district game. If that's not coach of the year, I don't know what is.

I'm not a big fan of the coach but I agree Coach of the year. I was told tonight that the new format for the district tournament was voted in last year by the coaches. This format gives the lower seeds a better chance to advance than if 1 vs 8 and 2 vs 7. Like it don't like it that was the reasoning I was given. 

central magnet just finished 3rd place. What an incredible feat. 3 yrs ago this team had never won a district game. If that's not coach of the year, I don't know what is.

DidCentral beat Smith. If so then I believe the tie breaker goes to Livingston due to the head to how each team faired with York.

ame="illinibballfan" post="3649862" timestamp="1486696231"]

DidCentral beat Smith. If so then I believe the tie breaker goes to Livingston due to the head to how each team faired with York.

You are correct because the tie breaker is record against common opponent and Central split with York and LA swept them so LA gets the 3 seed and Central gets the 4

Rock, why not a fan of the coach at Central?

Seems like he is doing a good job if in 3 years they have come that far.

Your kid play for him or something?  

No I do not have a kid that plays for him or ever has. Mine plays against him.  Strictly a personal issue. Make no mistake I'm not saying he is not a good coach but I have limited experience with him. I did agree he was a contender for coach of the year. Just hard to beat coach Welch at Macon going undefeated in the district.

No I do not have a kid that plays for him or ever has. Mine plays against him.  Strictly a personal issue. Make no mistake I'm not saying he is not a good coach but I have limited experience with him. I did agree he was a contender for coach of the year. Just hard to beat coach Welch at Macon going undefeated in the district.

I understand yours received a couple of awards today.  Congratulations, very well deserved!

Edited by VictoryFormation