DCA at Webb

Spartan4Life

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us that weren't there, can you give just a bit of detail? Did Webb score on long runs with their speed, or long sustained drives etc? Also, did the big MLB for DCA play tonight? Was DCA able to move the ball at all?

Long runs and passing. Webbs misdirection wing T offense is just very hard to handle. With three kids as fast or faster than #6 it was tough.

DCA didnt sustain anything. Throw game was off again. There were opportunities there just like CAK but we were off. Run game had issues with a stacked box. #6 got some yards but not his usual 200.

#53 was never out it was #42 who was. #53 blocked a Fg early and returned it about 70 yards. He's amazingly athletic for his size. #42 was out last week and played way less than 100%. He and several others need the bye week to heal.

Really wasnt competitive. Webb was just better last night. DCA gets everyone back after their bye week next week. DCA should win out and if they get focused and keep working they will have a long run in the playoffs as usual.

I thought Webb would put it on DCA. They have gotten better every game this year. That's a plus to having a young team. They improve every week. I'll stand by my previous statement that Webb is the better football team over CAK. Not only winning the head to head but also blowing out teams that stayed in the game or led for most of it against CAK.

I thought Webb would put it on DCA. They have gotten better every game this year. That's a plus to having a young team. They improve every week. I'll stand by my previous statement that Webb is the better football team over CAK. Not only winning the head to head but also blowing out teams that stayed in the game or led for most of it against CAK.

As I mentioned before, if you had originally stated that Webb was the better team or the better team that night, I would not have even addressed it. (You may have noticed that I didn't disagree with your second post that clarified your point.)  I agree with you. Webb is better than CAK this year, as CAK was better than Webb last year. However, It is all about match ups. CAK's offense was a tougher match up for Webb than DCA, which I thought would likely be the case.Webb has a great program, great school, and are D2 and can include athletes that could never attend a D1 private.That is getting ready to change. It will take a while for new D2 schools to convert from D1 to D2 since a school cannot be the one to initiate contact. But it will happen over time, or CAK will no longer be competitive. There is a reason that there is a division between D1 and D2 that allows scholarship athletes.

Best of luck to both of these teams going forward. Many of my family friends have or had kids that attended Webb. Thank you for the details about the DCA game. My curiosity had nothing to do with whether Webb or CAK was a better team this year, it had to do with being interested since we had played both of them.

As I mentioned before, if you had originally stated that Webb was the better team or the better team that night, I would not have even addressed it. (You may have noticed that I didn't disagree with your second post that clarified your point.) I agree with you. Webb is better than CAK this year, as CAK was better than Webb last year. However, It is all about match ups. CAK's offense was a tougher match up for Webb than DCA, which I thought would likely be the case.Webb has a great program, great school, and are D2 and can include athletes that could never attend a D1 private.That is getting ready to change. It will take a while for new D2 schools to convert from D1 to D2 since a school cannot be the one to initiate contact. But it will happen over time, or CAK will no longer be competitive. There is a reason that there is a division between D1 and D2 that allows scholarship athletes.

Best of luck to both of these teams going forward. Many of my family friends have or had kids that attended Webb. Thank you for the details about the DCA game. My curiosity had nothing to do with whether Webb or CAK was a better team this year, it had to do with being interested since we had played both of them.

I'll agree with this post.