McMinn Central @ CAK

Warriors2011

McMinn Central travels to CAK this week. How have the Chargers been looking lately? The Warriors are pretty banged up but survived a challenge from a speedy Clinton team last week.

From looking at McMinn Central's schedule thus far, it's hard for me to know what kind of team to expect to show up this Friday. For example, a convincing win against Loudon but a squeaker against Kingston.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central travels to CAK this week. How have the Chargers been looking lately? The Warriors are pretty banged up but survived a challenge from a speedy Clinton team last week.

From looking at McMinn Central's schedule thus far, it's hard for me to know what kind of team to expect to show up this Friday. For example, a convincing win against Loudon but a squeaker against Kingston.

i think you win this one by 3 or 4 tds

Warriors2011

It was nice to meet you and your wife in Clinton last week. I've seen you around (obviously) for many years, but never had a chance to speak with you. Both you and your wife are enjoyable to speak with, and it was good to get an update on the older member of the family.

Regarding this week, I give CAK the edge, but this constant attrition of starters is frustrating and eventually has to catch up with a roster the size of ours. Do you see any returners this week? Any new injuries / out this week? Or any likely position changes and movement due to injury or other factors?

Great to see you as well. I think 32 should be back this week. Other than that, while there are a couple of guys I expect back any day and am a little surprised they're not back already, I don't have specific information regarding their status.

My guess is we'll probably still see a base D like we saw against Clinton, with 6 standing on the line or slightly off on the weak side, 9 at Rover on the strong side and 2 at Rover on the weak side, with 42 still playing ILB until some guys come back from injury (he's every bit as good at ILB as he was at rover). That base D might change based on down and distance.

In terms of new injuries, I'm aware several guys are banged and nicked up a bit but not aware of any injuries that are likely to prevent play. I hope I'm right about that! We're due for a break on the injury front.

Warriors2011

It was nice to meet you and your wife in Clinton last week. I've seen you around (obviously) for many years, but never had a chance to speak with you. Both you and your wife are enjoyable to speak with, and it was good to get an update on the older member of the family.

Regarding this week, I give CAK the edge, but this constant attrition of starters is frustrating and eventually has to catch up with a roster the size of ours. Do you see any returners this week? Any new injuries / out this week? Or any likely position changes and movement due to injury or other factors?

McMinn has some GREAT fans! They are a classy program and I always look forward to locking horns with them. Here's hoping for no injuries and a cleanly played game. These are two schools with proud traditions, great fans, and great kids.

How's it going my friend?  It's been a few years, but I can still remember the great food those wonderful ladies prepared in your concession....and I can still taste that awesome nanner pudding you bought me.  Wishing your CAK bunch a safe and successful night! 

How's it going my friend? It's been a few years, but I can still remember the great food those wonderful ladies prepared in your concession....and I can still taste that awesome nanner pudding you bought me. Wishing your CAK bunch a safe and successful night!

Great to hear from you my friend! So glad you enjoyed your trip to Warrior Stadium! We are blessed with great banana pudding and the best grilled burgers of any HS I've been to. Hope all is well with you and your family! Safe travel wishes if you're able to make the trip!

14 was scratched for this week with a minor injury but should return soon.  43 has changed numbers to 52 and made some huge plays on D and also contributed on O as well.  I don't know the reason, but a few guys changed numbers this week.

Any idea why 14 and 43 are not playing? That is a tremendous loss in the middle.