Loretto Basketball

TheStuff

You do realize the purpose of message boards right? I am 35 years old and live about 3 hours from Loretto. I mean you must be real brave creating your fake ID and then calling me out. LOL! I will back Micah as a person and coach no questions asked. I don't have any clue to who was behind the firing, but I will say if it is parents then the AD and principal should both be fired and those parents should learn their role in the whole process. You are a parent, not a coach. These high school coaches are not making millions to deal with your spoiled, disrespectful kids. They are normal people trying to do a job to the best of their ability, which in this case was a pretty good job. Receiver "David" if you will point me in the direction of who was behind the firing, then I will gladly direct my comments toward them. Nicholas23 is the person to imply parents were involved, so maybe you should direct your comments toward him. In the meantime, Loretto will gradually fall back to where they belong which is the bottom of the barrel of high school basketball. Five years from now when the band director is leading your team, people will be wishing Micah was still around.

quote name="reciever14" post="3646709" timestamp="1485535059"]

My bad sir William. I will put this in better terms. Instead of throwing shade at a grown man over the interwebz, why don't you go and air everything out in person. Ya know, like men do. Unless you are a high school student or younger. In that case, carry on young fellow.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir William.  Yes I do understand the point of messsage boards.  I had this ID for years (about 14 actually) but since I hadn't used it in so long it wouldn't let me log in.  I'm not attacking ya buddy.  Not calling you out.  But you did say maybe MLB money should apply for the job.  So you did throw your name in that hat.  I like Micah.  Grew up around Micah.  Friends with Micah.  Thought he did a great job.  His record and successes speak for themselves.  You can't argue that he didn't have success if you do you are a hater (kinda like the ones hating on a multi millionaire with world series rings ect).  Like it or not parents are now major players in education.  And therefore in sports.  Admins all the way up to superintendents now bow down to pressure from parents and do not want to deal with them.  The cards are stacked against teachers and administrators.  There aren't many people out there that go to bat for them when problems come up.  I know they don't get paid a lot of money.  I have many friends that coach.  They make about 26 cents an hour once the time is added up.  Who was behind the firing?? That would be the admin.  Not that hard to figure that out.  They have to do it.  Parents can't fire anyone.  Give them a call.  Go visit.  Take a stand on it. Loretto has had problems for a while with its athletics (and I mean YEARS).  SO, I guess my point is, to call out one person for this is ridiculous.  The problems have been there for a long time.  It will remain that way until they get enough coaches in there to fix it and enough people in the community to care to fix it.  

I don't think that is calling anyone out. I will stand by my statement and say IF he or any other parent is responsible then by all means apply. Thankfully, I am in no way affiliated with this community. Nicholas23 called him out, so your beef is with him. If you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it. Of course the AD and principal done the firing, but you can't honestly sit there and say it was of their own doing. I say shame on all parties involved.

So pretty much this is all speculation and no one knows what is going on.  And your not affiliated with the community so you will not be helping matters.  I have no beef with anyone on here.  You are just on here to bad mouth.  I understand now.  And I also understand from the comment, "if you don't like what I have to say, then don't read it" that you may be 35 but I am talking with someone who has conversations like a teenager.  I'm guessing you just finished arguing politics on facebook.  And again, only the principle and AD can fire the guy.  Every admin has pressure from communities.  They should still do the job they are supposed to do.  They didn't have to fire the guy and probably shouldn't had.  But they did anyway.  

I am on here to back up someone who deserves some backing. I do not hide behind a screen name and to my knowledge have not "bad mouthed" anyone. I simply said whoever was behind this witch hunt should apply for the job and I will stand by that. This is an open public forum. I know Micah and the person he is and know for a fact this firing was unjust. You call my conversations "like a teenager" yet you are the one resorting to name calling. I have laid out who I am and have made over 200 posts on this website since 2003 with my name attached to my posts. This is all speculation, but the inept administration could end all of this by citing specific reasons for the dismissal. All they can point to is a press release that says "it was time for a change." They are right, but the change should be the firing of the AD and principal and reinstatement of a coach. You are right every admin does face pressure from the community, fortunately most admins have the backbone to do their job properly and put the parents in their place. That does not appear to be the case in Loretto.

Finally we are getting somewhere.  BTW you did call me genius earlier as for the name calling.  and not in a positive manner.  You also said you hope the basketball team goes back to being terrible.  What did those kids do to you????  I know Micah too.  And the person.  And was he done wrong??? I don't know.  So if it was unjust what happened??????? You say you have the facts. Please tell.  Like you said it is a public forum.  You have to admit, your one comment sounded like a teenager.  So, I think we are close to agreeing that this is an admin problem for the most part??????

Ahhhhh finally man this is what I wanted all along.  Yes, I saw the article in the Times Daily a few minutes ago.  He stated he had a 90 minute meeting with them and every time he asked for a reason they didn't give it to him.  If you havn't read it go check out the times daily.  The admin has been a problem there for a while when it comes to sports.  They have very few coaches for football and basketball, and have outside assistants for both basketball and football.  And yes, I have also heard that the parents are a a problem there too.  I was just making the point that it is unfair to get on here and put the blame on one person.  And yes the admin should stand their ground on what is right.  I have heard from many friends that have good sense about sports and how the educational system functions, that tell me he shouldn't have been fired.  I believe them 100% when they tell me that.  Loretto has a good amount of talent there at the moment.  What could have been is always a question I'll wonder if the sports porgrams were properly staffed.......

Just call it what it is.....Someone wasnt happy, put pressure on the admin to remove him from his coaching duties. He wasnt fired per se as he is still teaching. This is the team that as 7th and 8th graders wnet unbeaten. Parents expect the same thing now from this team. That they were 13-6 with 2 double digit losses to county rival LCHS did not bode well. There is talk around the district that a specific person is the one parents want but he is not a teacher. Inquiring minds are waiting and watching to see what happens.

Micah is a great guy, and no coach deserves to be dismissed in this manner. I too have been old by people within the Lawrence County system that it was pressure from "select" parents. The body of his work should have carried more weight than the opinions of a couple of parents. When kids become difficult to coach or frustrated, often times you will find that they are getting fed opinions at home.