Columbia Academy

karl98

That travel doesn't seem to bad from Columbia. That is where they should be playing.

Travel to Nashville, Antioch, and Murfreesboro is much different than Mt. Pleasant, Sante Fe and Culleoka.  Difference of 45 minutes one way...or more..as opposed to 15-20 minutes.  Big deal on school nights...and middle schools backed out too.  Want your children out that late during school?

• 1 month later...

Zion made a choice to move to Div II so that they could offer financial aid to high school students.  They didn't leave because they had a couple of winning seasons and we got scared.  They didn't go because we cried like babies, took our ball, and went home.  I've never been a quitter, and I'm ashamed of us.

I'm ashamed that you claim to be a MT. Pleasant tiger fan but secretly adore CA. You said travel was a concern for why CA couldn't play a division 2 schedule. I simply pointed out that Zion Academy plays a division 2 schedule with that extra travel with no problem. Nobody is scared or quitters they simply want a level playing field. 

We didn't "level the playing field" against Zion or Franklin Classical in basketball.  We didn't "level the playing field" against Grace Christian in football.   Could that be because they aren't winning?  I am a Tiger fan and you can't bully me into submission by trying to say I'm not.  I'm not afraid of playing hard.  I'm not afraid of having to work twice as hard as anyone else.  I just hate that we teach our children to cry foul instead of work hard.  And yes...I actually believe this move does exactly that!  We beat CA in football for the Daily Herald Cup year after year after year...and they didn't stop playing us.  

I didn't say CA didn't play a Division II schedule because of travel...they stated that as part of their reason for staying in Division I....I merely repeated what they said.  They also sited the love of playing in county rivals....

Edited by tigersfan

I could really care less. CA recruited and stole your point guard out of Mt. Pleasant Middle and then used him to beat you for the next four years. If that is fine with you then so be it. I don't  any affiliation with any Maury County team. I just know how CA operates and recruits because they came after my son and we don't even live in Maury County. 

Lol...whatever!  Why didn't you turn them in?  Everybody always knows somebody it happened to...but nobody does anything about it.  Kids get stolen away by other public schools that offer better classes, ball teams, a better set of friends, etc..., all the time.  Nobody cares when it's public schools...just if they believe privates do it!

Edited by tigersfan

21 hours ago, karl98 said:

I could really care less. CA recruited and stole your point guard out of Mt. Pleasant Middle and then used him to beat you for the next four years. If that is fine with you then so be it. I don't  any affiliation with any Maury County team. I just know how CA operates and recruits because they came after my son and we don't even live in Maury County. 

Like tigersfan said, if they really did try and recruit your son, why didn't you turn them into TSSAA? Instead, you start a thread on CoachT.com about them needing to move to Division II when by TSSAA's current rules they don't have to. SMH, because yeah, that makes sense. 

How do you know that I didn't turn them in to T$$aa? Do you really think T $$aa wants to investigate any claims? Lol  All the middle and high school teams in CA division including Richland has pulled out. Do you think I had something to do about that? Lol They pulled out for a reason!! CA is going division 2 in just a matter of time whether you like it or not. I'm sorry.

They may go Division II...I have no say in that...nor do I care to.  What I do feel that I can talk about is the fear and whining we are teaching our children by crying foul at every turn.  If we were really interested in fairness we would stop playing ALL privates...not just the ones who beat us.  I say if we practice harder and beat them a time or two...we suddenly will go back to not caring what division they are in.

Edited by tigersfan
  • Upvote 1

I actually agree with some of what you said. I believe all privates should play privates including the ones that aren't very good. I also think public should play public and even the ones that aren't very good. I also feel their should be more divisions to help out the very small schools. It doesn't matter how hard a team like Hampshire practices they will never beat CA or even Mt. Pleasant due to their size and talent level. Privates play privates and publics play publics because they just operate differently. Also, add more divisions to help out the smaller schools.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, karl98 said:

I actually agree with some of what you said. I believe all privates should play privates including the ones that aren't very good. I also think public should play public and even the ones that aren't very good. I also feel their should be more divisions to help out the very small schools. It doesn't matter how hard a team like Hampshire practices they will never beat CA or even Mt. Pleasant due to their size and talent level. Privates play privates and publics play publics because they just operate differently. Also, add more divisions to help out the smaller schools.

Even the private vs private and public vs public won't be truly fair. It will only satisfy the parents or kids that hate the idea of private schools beating us. 

We have kids attending and playing at our public schools in Maury County that aren't even zoned for the public school they are playing at. Which isn't any different than what the private schools are allowed to doing to us.  

Once you take out private and public charter schools there are not but a hand full of schools in Tennessee that have the small enrollment numbers that Hampshire or even Santa Fe has. That's a whole other topic! 

Edited by MauryCoHoops