SCOTT CO. vs CLINTON week 1

92Dragon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about Scott this year except they lost the majority of their "key" offense and defensive players to graduation, QBs, RBs, WRs, LBs, CBs, some on OL/DL many of which that played/started  their Junior-Senior years. I think they have solid QB/RBs stepping in, one returning starter at WR I think and some returning OL/DL starters. Lot of positions to fill but Scott is well coached, it will  be a reload/rebuild season in 2017 for the Highlanders.

There usually a few members here that know more specifics than I do, hopefully they can fill us in before 7/18.

updated: Was just checking MaxPrep and there's some new video of Scott scrimmaging Seymour and  Rockwood. Looks like have a few Seniors and good amount of  Juniors playing that  played back-up and some starting roles last year.

Edited by TheOgre78

14 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton is running a new offense and defense this year, but we have the best coaching staff we have had in a long time. The players are hungry and ready to compete. 

Should be a good game. I'm just ready to get this season kicked off! 

I saw them in a few highlights against Kingston on offense and a little on D. 32 is fast! I think it will be a close game too. I'll take Clinton 27-20.

On 8/6/2017 at 3:18 PM, TheOgre78 said:

I saw them in a few highlights against Kingston on offense and a little on D. 32 is fast! I think it will be a close game too. I'll take Clinton 27-20.

I'm gonna wait until I see Scott Co tomorrow against AC, before I make my prediction. 

30 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I'm gonna wait until I see Scott Co tomorrow against AC, before I make my prediction. 

Yeah, please if you get to go give your impression of the team. I knew they play Harriman at Rockwood's Jamboree 8/11 @7:30pm.

FYI for anyone wondering/interested in attending it:

First Quarter: Harriman vs Scott County
Second Quarter: Kingston vs Oneida
Third Quarter: Midway vs Oneida
Fourth Quarter: Rockwood vs Oliver Springs

Prediction wise I'm just going on what little highlights I've seen from scrims. I know what everyone says about scrimmages but I know Scott is a young team with not a lot of game experience/returning key starters. Maybe my prediction was early but I'll stick with it until I see or hear more. From what I saw their hit and miss at times but it's fall practice. I did see Rockwood and Seymour passing on them with some success but Scott seemed to have an okay run defense but again that's the few plays I saw online. I haven't seen any real offensive play highlights expect a pass or two and some basic run plays in those scrimmages.

Edited by TheOgre78

Guest Fall101

Scott is pretty young. They have a young QB that is a Junior and trying to fill some big shoes left by Hall.. They will not just roll over and give up. It should be a hard fought game with Scott's inexperience showing in the 2nd half. I would say Clinton will pull away by 2 scores but I could very well be wrong.  

2 hours ago, Spike16 said:

Scott is pretty young. They have a young QB that is a Junior and trying to fill some big shoes left by Hall.. They will not just roll over and give up. It should be a hard fought game with Scott's inexperience showing in the 2nd half. I would say Clinton will pull away by 2 scores but I could very well be wrong.  

Yep, a young unexperienced team and not enough returning players in key skill positions like QB/RB, but not that there isn't talent, athleticism and sizable players plus they seem to look like a hungry/scrappy group just overall I don't think they'll be able to stop teams with experience and several skill players. Where I think they could give Clinton trouble is If the Highlanders can stop the run forcing them to throw and eat up the clock with lengthy drives then I think it could be close but if they give up runs in chunks and Clinton slips a few pass plays in at the right time it might be a long 2nd half.

And as far as Hall it would tough to fill his shoes about any year, aswell as Byrge at RB, Roden, JoBen Terry at WR, even the back-up QB played really great but when Hall was in there it just added a whole new level to their team's game.