Morristown West vs. Morristown East

13 hours ago, WhereChampionsAreMade said:

West opens the Alvin Sanders era with their biggest rival. 4 straight wins for West or will East end it this year?

Base on what you read in the local newspaper, East has a good chance of ending Morristown West 3 year run. As an East high fan, I am to the point were I have to see it to believe it. I have had really high hopes the last 3 years, only to end in complete disappointment. The 1st 2 years we did not score a single point, and last year we played ok in the 1st half only to get steamed rolled in the 2nd half. I think Morristown West RB last year ran for 300 yards or was really close. Morristown West has whipped East up front the last 3 years. Until East is more physical on both sides of the line, we are going to keep losing to West. I would love to beat Morristown West this year, but our track record hasn't been to good lately. Just maybe it is East year, I really hope so. I am so tried of losing to Morristown West.

3 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

Base on what you read in the local newspaper, East has a good chance of ending Morristown West 3 year run. As an East high fan, I am to the point were I have to see it to believe it. I have had really high hopes the last 3 years, only to end in complete disappointment. The 1st 2 years we did not score a single point, and last year we played ok in the 1st half only to get steamed rolled in the 2nd half. I think Morristown West RB last year ran for 300 yards or was really close. Morristown West has whipped East up front the last 3 years. Until East is more physical on both sides of the line, we are going to keep losing to West. I would love to beat Morristown West this year, but our track record hasn't been to good lately. Just maybe it is East year, I really hope so. I am so tried of losing to Morristown West.

Has Wells decided on a starting quarterback yet?

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, WhereChampionsAreMade said:

Has Wells decided on a starting quarterback yet?

I would say the Dalton kid is the frontrunner. How East's plays up-front will be key to there whole season. If East doesn't block any better then they have against Morristown West the last few years, whoever is the QB will not matter.

19 minutes ago, EASTFAN said:

I would say the Dalton kid is the frontrunner. How East's plays up-front will be key to there whole season. If East doesn't block any better then they have against Morristown West the last few years, whoever is the QB will not matter.

West's defense is kinda suspect but better than I expected. Our passing game is gonna be our biggest strength. Running back up in the air right now. If Easts defense plays well, it'll come down to the wire in my opinion

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:53 PM, WhereChampionsAreMade said:

West's defense is kinda suspect but better than I expected. Our passing game is gonna be our biggest strength. Running back up in the air right now. If Easts defense plays well, it'll come down to the wire in my opinion

That sound great to me, if we have a chance too win at the end. We have been close before and found away to lose anyway.  Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenade. East must find a way to win or it goes down as 4 wins in a row for Morristown West.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:26 PM, EASTFAN said:

That sound great to me, if we have a chance too win at the end. We have been close before and found away to lose anyway.  Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenade. East must find a way to win or it goes down as 4 wins in a row for Morristown West.

It will depend on which defense plays better. East lost a lot but the Cullpepper kid is dangerous. Right now West's running game is the biggest question but Foreback should do well with our new offense. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, WhereChampionsAreMade said:

It will depend on which defense plays better. East lost a lot but the Cullpepper kid is dangerous. Right now West's running game is the biggest question but Foreback should do well with our new offense. 

Special teams will have a big impact on who wins tonight. East has had some issues with there kicking game in fall camp. Also, the team that protects the football the best (turnovers) will more than likely win the game. Let go canes! the weather will be clear by game time. We just need to finish the job( Beating West)

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:47 PM, WhereChampionsAreMade said:

West wins 42-20. Great atmosphere and all. I'll take it 

Great game by Morristown West and a very good job by coach Sanders with his half time adjustment.

Positives of the game: Morristown West

(1) Very good offensive line.

(2) QB can throw the ball on the money.

(3) Qutstanding job with conditioning. Not a single player for West cramped up.

(4) Completely whipped East's up front most of the night.

Morristown East:

(1) QB is only a junior, he is going to be really good .

(2) Both RB are juniors and they show some flashes of being really special.

(3) Secondary looks to be East's strong point.

(4) East's seems to have enough depth were no-one plays both ways.

Negative of the game: Morristown West

(1) QB got hurt, didn't look too good.

(2) RB's run hard, but they missed on breaking longer runs because some were alittle slow and other just ran right up the linemens back. There were some real big hole open up by West Offensive line. RB's need to run with more vision because with West schedule those big hole may not be there against other teams.

(3) Defense is a little shakey, they jumped at the 1st ball carrier to quickly. East's QB pulled the ball 2 time and went for Touchdown on one and a long run on the other. Greenville will really test West defense this week.

Morristown East:

(1) I sound like a broken recorder, every year Conditioning is a problem for East. East's cramped up all night and to make matter worst we runout of gas in the 2nd half.

(2) Offensive and Defense lines are just plain weak. Both sides of the line got pushed around the hole night. It all goes back to offseason workout and conditioning. Until East figure out how hard you much work in the weightroom, we are going to have a hard time beating West.(Look how West lines looks compare to Easts. I didn,t see too many bellys on West)

(3) Coaching must improve, you have some talent. Play calling on offensive, too many short passes and no adjustment made after half time. Defense has to be able to stop the run! you may have to play some players both ways to shore up the run defense.

Overall it was a great night for Morristown. We had a packed house and both teams played hard. East and West both have stuff games this week, Good luck to both teams.

Edited by EASTFAN
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

Great game by Morristown West and a very good job by coach Sanders with his half time adjustment.

Positives of the game: Morristown West

(1) Very good offensive line.

(2) QB can throw the ball on the money.

(3) Qutstanding job with conditioning. Not a single player for West cramped up.

(4) Completely whipped East's up front most of the night.

Morristown East:

(1) QB is only a junior, he is going to be really good .

(2) Both RB are juniors and they show some flashes of being really special.

(3) Secondary looks to be East's strong point.

(4) East's seems to have enough depth were no-one plays both ways.

Negative of the game: Morristown West

(1) QB got hurt, didn't look too good.

(2) RB's run hard, but they missed on breaking longer runs because some were alittle slow and other just ran right up the linemens back. There were some real big hole open up by West Offensive line. RB's need to run with more vision because with West schedule those big hole may not be there against other teams.

(3) Defense is a little shakey, they jumped at the 1st ball carrier to quickly. East's QB pulled the ball 2 time and went for Touchdown on one and a long run on the other. Greenville will really test West defense this week.

Morristown East:

(1) I sound like a broken recorder, every year Conditioning is a problem for East. East's cramped up all night and to make matter worst we runout of gas in the 2nd half.

(2) Offensive and Defense lines are just plain weak. Both sides of the line got pushed around the hole night. It all goes back to offseason workout and conditioning. Until East figure out how hard you much work in the weightroom, we are going to have a hard time beating West.(Look how West lines looks compare to Easts. I didn,t see too many bellys on West)

(3) Coaching must improve, you have some talent. Play calling on offensive, too many short passes and no adjustment made after half time. Defense has to be able to stop the run! you may have to play some players both ways to shore up the run defense.

Overall it was a great night for Morristown. We had a packed house and both teams played hard. East and West both have stuff games this week, Good luck to both teams.

West's defense cannot allow the opposing team to turn broken plays into big gains or touchdowns or they are in trouble. Next year the shoe will be on the other foot in experience because West will graduate a lot and East will return a lot. I knew East would give West a good game. they always do seems like