Grundy at East Hickman

bwhite1965

Just now, Indian said:

This is a very surprising score.

You're surprised...I for sure thought this was going to be a win.  I was going to send Coach Tate a fruit basket for big no.3 in year 3, it wouldn't be prudent to do so now under such circumstances.

20 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

Grundy had 4 turnovers and one was when cash was trying to cross the goal line. I also heard we're still arm tackling. Basically Grundy is still making mistakes like they did last year. I'm sorry but that falls on on the coaching staff. If you seen a practice you'd know why. 

Doesn't surprise me, I read in the Times Free press they're no contact.... Can't tackle if you don't practice tackling, you can still practice wrapping up and proper techniques without takedowns.  
And we won't beat anyone on the remaining schedule with 4 turnovers and or being negative in the turnover margin...  

1 hour ago, Jnutz2 said:

I'm so happy for Wingo and the tigers. 

Yes sir. As well as the kids that went to South Pittsburg. They will now get to know what winning feels like. They are already half way to what they were in 2 years and it's only the 1st game of the season. If Tate stays again more and more parents that can would be stupid to leave their child at Grundy.

1 hour ago, Jnutz2 said:

This is the coach that told me grundy is going 8-2 this year lol! If Grundy gets beat tonight they may not win a game this season. COACHING CHANGE!

We can't beat East Hickman we for sure will not be 8-2. It does no good to talk to the principal or director. They are all big buddies I hear with Casey. He's not even a stand out person. Administration don't give a rip about kids.

1 minute ago, bwhite1965 said:

Yes sir. As well as the kids that went to South Pittsburg. They will now get to know what winning feels like. They are already half way to what they were in 2 years and it's only the 1st game of the season. If Tate stays again more and more parents that can would be stupid to leave their child at Grundy.

Exactly! I mean look at what the Wingo kid did tonight. The Sanders kid started at qb and the Lawson kid is prob sp best lineman. If you could keep the kids there and get a coach you would be surprised at what you could do.

1 hour ago, BamaRules said:

You replace one of the three Marion Co. teams with a East Hickman team that's won 4 games since 2014 with one win being a forfeit and you get beat 28-8. WOW! 

We've scheduled these games to save Tate's job. Tate isn't going anywhere because our county is too political. All of the things he has let go on under his watch--he will never get replaced. Heck we wouldn't hire Saban over Tate. Horrible, horrible coach and even worse teacher/person 

6 minutes ago, bwhite1965 said:

Not really to us. The leaders should know we need a new coach. Morale is pathetic. Kids do whatever and whenever/-lack of discipline. Frustrating!

Yes sir I agree 100% I hated missing Ethan and Evan play, but I wasn't going to drive 2 hours to watch Grundy county football. I actually thought this was going to be one win outta the two or three I predicted. Now 0-10 is looking probable.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Exactly! I mean look at what the Wingo kid did tonight. The Sanders kid started at qb and the Lawson kid is prob sp best lineman. If you could keep the kids there and get a coach you would be surprised at what you could do.

We have lost outstanding athletes and even better kids. Their parents got them the heck out of here. Their kids win. Quality coaches applied for the Grundy job, but Principal Rueghling thought Casey was the one. The people that hired him need to be ashamed as well. Embarrassing for our kids.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bwhite1965 said:

We have lost outstanding athletes and even better kids. Their parents got them the heck out of here. Their kids win. Quality coaches applied for the Grundy job, but Principal Rueghling thought Casey was the one. The people that hired him need to be ashamed as well. Embarrassing for our kids.

I thought for sure he would be gone but I guess not. I know of 2 that want to leave but can't. One middle school kid enrolled at JMS so I guess you lost one there too.

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I thought for sure he would be gone but I guess not. I know of 2 that want to leave but can't. One middle school kid enrolled at JMS so I guess you lost one there too.

Talking to parents some financially just can't make the move. In the end our kids are getting short changed. They don't get to experience the things schools 20-30 miles from us do. I don't think I will attend one game this year.

5 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

Every time I think about the promise I made the boys I wanna take it back lol. I had one ready to transfer, but the other one wanted to stay. All I can do is hope they stay healthy and keep up the good work in the classroom. 

Your kids are very good kids. Wish they would get out so they can experience what the Wingo kid and the South Pittsburg ones are.