Grundy at East Hickman

bwhite1965

13 minutes ago, bwhite1965 said:

I've talked to one of the many dads and he says his kid is an all around better player. The town is supportive, they show up to games, they have faith and rightfully so in their head coaches. Heck who wouldn't want to play for an Adam Cain, a Vic Grider, a Joseph Mathis...these guys carry themselves with true class. They win. Casey can't hold a light to any of them. Now he thinks he is greater than any of those coaches...he seriously does. Hollers recruiting all of the time...recruiting doesn't have to occur...why stay here? Tries to get people in trouble and has succeeded a few times. The whole deal with Marion and Wingo was a crock of bull and he just tried to smear Marions program and Woodlee's name.

We went ahead and self imposed sanctions on ourselves because in the end it wasn't right. Don't  need the TSSAA telling us we did wrong. We'll do our penalty and still win.

6 minutes ago, Grundyplayer said:

He's all day tough,  Ethan did what almost no Freshman should be asked to do.  He should been shown a little more confidence in his ability by his staff, what he went through would have ruined most players, they'd never want to play again, and he just went out there and kept trying to win.    

They're tough kids that's for sure. 

Just now, PurplePower68 said:

We went ahead and self imposed sanctions on ourselves because in the end it wasn't right. Don't  need the TSSAA telling us we did wrong. We'll do our penalty and still win.

That's another classy thing of your coach, but don't think our coach didn't report. Also he had several other people call TSSAA to report as well. I wish you all a great season. Wish we could still play you all. I have a few buddies of mine down that way. 

Just now, bwhite1965 said:

That's another classy thing of your coach, but don't think our coach didn't report. Also he had several other people call TSSAA to report as well. I wish you all a great season. Wish we could still play you all. I have a few buddies of mine down that way. 

We knew he would call. I mean he set it up. He's  still trying to get area teams in touble  

Jnutz2...I think I figured out who you are and if so, you and people like your brother are the reason I still love this dang place. You were my heros growing up!!! I would try to be y'all playing in my front yard . Everytime I mention Grundy football to the youth of this county I'd mention y'all. Thank you for what you had to put up with in your career and also congrats on raising 3 great young men who wanted to follow in their father/uncle footsteps!

Edited by BrownBag

So this season, South Pittsburg is having to go on the north side of Nashville to play Goodpasture and Lipscomb, while also going to Atlanta. They are having to do this because Grundy wouldn't play. Grundy drops us to go play Hicksville and still loses the game. Yes, that makes sense. I'm sorry, but this has become a joke in the area. 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

So this season, South Pittsburg is having to go on the north side of Nashville to play Goodpasture and Lipscomb, while also going to Atlanta. They are having to do this because Grundy wouldn't play. Grundy drops us to go play Hicksville and still loses the game. Yes, that makes sense. I'm sorry, but this has become a joke in the area. 

Honestly, SP will benefit more down the road in the playoffs by playing those tougher teams. What would you benefit from a team you beat 21-0 in one quarter by playing them a complete game, besides playing your whole bench? I think in the long run it will make you better. 

10 minutes ago, BamaRules said:

Honestly, SP will benefit more down the road in the playoffs by playing those tougher teams. What would you benefit from a team you beat 21-0 in one quarter by playing them a complete game, besides playing your whole bench? I think in the long run it will make you better. 

Don't tell Grundy people that... Scheduling a tough out of region schedule is unheard of here, and to quote Jacksbacker. "We need some easy wins."   Apparently those wins aren't going to be as easy as originally thought.

To be honest, its kinda the Grundy way I've learned, "Its our kids turn to win." is the moniker on the mountain. Instead of trying to get them to rise to the occasion we just lower the bar.