Grundy at East Hickman

bwhite1965

Just now, Jnutz2 said:

Please tell that dad to send his child to jasper. Unless he wants his son to play for the worse kind of fool. A sincere one

He was talking about your kids. Ethan and Evan, right? Said you had some good ones and I wouldn't blame you if you let yours quit. He also told me a story about a kid that had a family member in the hospital in bad condition. He missed a practice or something last week because of it and Tate made him run after Thursdays practice. I wouldn't let my son play for a coach like that.

1 hour ago, Grundyplayer said:

I don't know sending you two college caliber QB's  is quite a bit.... and another lineman that is of college caliber lol.....

Your definition of college caliber and mine are different. You can be a strong HS player, but that doesn't mean you're a college player. Holland was a good player for SP. SP developed him more as a player than he ever was at Grundy. Same thing with the young QB now. I've been told both of them must have lacked coaching at a younger age. Talented kids, but still have to mold them into a player. He was a good 1A QB, but not a college type player. 

1 hour ago, Grundyplayer said:

Uhhh no one acted like that, infact no one here remotely suggested anything you just said.  We know the count... I'm pretty sure the last time we beat you was like 2004.  Which was also the last time you guys had a season .500 or worse.
 Hubbards good, Cawoods good... They're not as good as Sanders or Holland.   I just don't think you beat MC without Holland.  That's all Brown Bag was saying, you got some good players that can take a good team, and make them great.

In no way is anyone trying to diminish what you guys have down there. Year in year out, its one of the most consistent programs in the state. Along with Maryville and Alcoa....

The best QB SP had now plays for Cleveland HS. That's a fact! I watched him throw in pregame warmups last season. It was impressive. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Your definition of college caliber and mine are different. You can be a strong HS player, but that doesn't mean you're a college player. Holland was a good player for SP. SP developed him more as a player than he ever was at Grundy. Same thing with the young QB now. I've been told both of them must have lacked coaching at a younger age. Talented kids, but still have to mold them into a player. He was a good 1A QB, but not a college type player. 

They must be, I'm talking about every division of football and you must be referring to only D-1 or D-1 playoff division athletes. I've seen D-3 quarterbacks... Holland could have absolutely made a team like Maryville college, making a team and playing are also 2 different things.

1 hour ago, BrownBag said:

So your saying Kennemore would have had the same great all state numbers last year if Cawood or Hubbard would have been tossing the ball around?!?!?

Cawood... without a doubt. Holland had his second year in the system last year and had more experience. That was the reason he was ahead of Cawood. That Cawood kid could flat play. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

The best QB SP had now plays for Cleveland HS. That's a fact! I watched him throw in pregame warmups last season. It was impressive. 

If it's the same one I think I saw him at a middle school scrimmage a few years ago when JMS scrimmaged Cleveland. He was a good one. Did he ever play any last year?

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

He was talking about your kids. Ethan and Evan, right? Said you had some good ones and I wouldn't blame you if you let yours quit. He also told me a story about a kid that had a family member in the hospital in bad condition. He missed a practice or something last week because of it and Tate made him run after Thursdays practice. I wouldn't let my son play for a coach like that.

Yes Evan wants to move to whitwell with Wingo because he hates Casey. Casey is a jerk. He doesn't know how to talk to kids. I had 5 or 6 players tell me last year if I hadn't have been there they would have quit in a second. They don't respect Casey, Colby, and half don't like the new coach. 

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

He ran an entirely different system as a QB for us, and had very little time with people who actually knew how to run it.  I imagine the steps for running a Wing T offense, the checks, adjustments, are quite different then the split back veer.   

17 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

I know exactly what he's doing. I told Evan I'd let him quit if he wanted. My boys have never quit a sport, but why would anyone let a kid play for Casey is beyond me. He's childish and I guess since he can't ruin Wingo, tell on jasper, or report south Pittsburgh for illegal players he'll just start ripping his own team apart. I'm thinking by the time the season is over I'm going to in his face telling him what think about him. I'll probably end up punching him right in his smug face. 

Your boys are welcome at SP at anytime. I believe everyone that has come down here likes it here. Tell Tate to come on down the mountain. Maybe everyone needs a turn on him. LMBO

1 minute ago, Jnutz2 said:

Yes Evan wants to move to whitwell with Wingo because he hates Casey. Casey is a jerk. He doesn't know how to talk to kids. I had 5 or 6 players tell me last year if I hadn't have been there they would have quit in a second. They don't respect Casey, Colby, and half don't like the new coach. 

I would do what's best for my son.