Whitwell Tigers @ Bledsoe Warriors

4 hours ago, TheOlMan said:

I rode up by the Castle's carwash last night then down to the ol' Raceway. Let me tell you sumthin. These Whitwillians are high on their team and they should be. Whitwell blasted and blanked young Boyd team but non the less it was Boyd. Whitwell has their heads held high. I just hope these kids keep their heads on straight. Bledsoe is going to come to play but I don't think they can match Whitwell and I see Whitwell getting another big win this Friday. Whitwell fans now it's time for the truth. Enjoy the wins the next 2 weeks because when them ol' Eagles from Signal come down to the valley they are going to punch yall in the mouth. If the defense can stop a few drives then I think Whitwell could be 4-0. The game I can not wait for is Trousdale. I can't see the Tigers being undefeated after that one. After Trousdale then it's off to Beene Stadium in beautiful South Pittsburg TN. Where you can watch the sin set over Sand Mountain while Lodge Mfg helps set a glorious backdrop. Where you can fill your lungs will cast iron dust and hear how somehow the refs cost them the game against MC and how if they lose to Whitwell it will be because of the refs. On a serious note though while strolling down cornbread alley be sure to stop by 2nd street and get you a burger at the Pirate. That's the game I have marked on my calender. Vic Riders v The Whitwell Tigers. Right now SP is a smooth #3 on the valley and they can't stand it. Let's keep it that way. As far as Bledsoe goes. I will say 51-23 Tigers.

Doesn't bother us one bit. We've been on top for 25 years. Everyone eventually gets a turn. Whitwell needs to take care of Whitwell and we will try to improve so we will be worthy of playing your Tigers this year. 

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

No smoke being blown big guy. This is Whitwell's best team in 25 years. There is no doubt about it. They should be excited because they have improved tremendously. 

They've had chances you have good teams in the past but couldn't keep coaches long enough. Best team in 25 years doesn't mean they beat us. That's sad isn't it

I can't really tell if Bledsoe is going to give some teams some fits or not. They got a 21-0 lead last night with 6:00 left in the 1st quarter then flags were being thrown against them left and right. I bet we had 20+ penalties to Oliver Springs maybe 5. It's almost like they couldn't touch OS without being flagged. They hung in there and won it in the last couple minutes. I did notice switching QBs a lot kind of gives away what play your calling but that could all change. OS went to passing the ball and we gave a lot of yards through the passing game. 

14 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I didn't say they would beat us, just saying they have their best team in a very long time. 

I think Pirates took big steps last year. Mental toughness goes a long way. Vic and other coaches had the boys at end of season mentally tougher. Now with bigger stronger and deeper bench. Trending on right direction.

Man I was really wanting this whitwell team to do good things this year, but with Facebook, and all these coach t folks thinking SP is the third best in the valley, I hope they do even better than good things up until the game. Because when they come to Beene stadium all that big talk and confidence will be tested... and you fellers won't like that... I can promise you... ask jasper. They will tell you how it feels to come into a big game being the favorite and running that yapper just to watch the pirates sail away...victorious. As for this week you guys should be just fine I got the tigers by 35.