Summertown @ Wayne County

wildcat89

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new injuries that I know of tonight is huge. Got one starter back tonight but only played part of the game but should be back 100% next week. Also should get a couple more back over the next two weeks. Hats off to the boys that stepped up to fill their shoes and to the younger boys that come in late, they really got after it and played hard, I think every player on the team got in the game tonight and done a great job. WC was one missed tackle away from a shutout and I couldn't be more proud with all the injuries, not only with the ones that are out but also got several playing banged up. WC should really start coming together and getting in a rhythm starting next week. Stown came in and played hard and physical and I think they will win several games this year, they just didn't have an answer for WC's defense and overall speed. Let's get ready for Middleton!

21 minutes ago, Shane5020 said:

Hats off to WC. Very deserving of the top 10 rankings. Very well coached and up front very strong. I look forward to seeing where y'all end the season.

I was proud of our line tonight with two starting lineman out and another coming back from injury and only playing in second and third quarter. Good luck to y'all the rest of the way

Edited by wildcat89

25 minutes ago, 1RT said:

It was a good win for WC! Glad I got to be there for the first victory over Summertown.

We were a little sloppy at times but got it together quickly. After Summertown first series of downs they really did nothing offensively the rest of the night until late in game against backups. Davis did a nice job at quarterback and will only get better with more snaps. Harris and Patterson ran well and the offensive and defensive lines did a great job as the game went on. Just wore down Summertown. Impressed with Myles Prince on defensive line. He stayed in their backfield. Also impressed with Bronson Flores. I like watching him play. He's so physical. Just think where he might be if he would have played all these years. Great win! Just makes me hungry for more. 

8 minutes ago, wholder said:

Question for the WC folks............ I know WC was held without a first qtr TD last night. Was wondering when the last time that happened? What a crowd the Wildcat faithful had last night!!!!

I'm pretty sure we didn't score in the entire first half against Houston County in 2015 when Preston didn't play...wound up winning that one 45-7. 

Summertown came out playing with a lot of emotion. Also, we were missing 5 (?!) of our offensive starters from the preseason in the 1st quarter. Took some game speed adjustments to get us going.

1 minute ago, 1RT said:

I'm pretty sure we didn't score in the entire first half against Houston County in 2015 when Preston didn't play...wound up winning that one 45-7. 

Summertown came out playing with a lot of emotion. Also, we were missing 5 (?!) of our offensive starters from the preseason in the 1st quarter. Took some game speed adjustments to get us going.

Thanks..... Was wondering with all the success the Rice boys helped accomplish over the years. Summertown first drive looked good but after that they looked awful.

1 hour ago, wholder said:

Thanks..... Was wondering with all the success the Rice boys helped accomplish over the years. Summertown first drive looked good but after that they looked awful.

Once the coaches decided to change the defense to shut down the run it was over, Stown had zero passing yards on the night and only 148 total yards. With all the changes due to injury it's taking WC a little time to find their rhythm but it's coming. Offense got better as the game went on. Hard to replace 5 starters without a few hiccups but the boys and coaches just keep on clicking