Summertown @ Wayne County

wildcat89

4 hours ago, 1RT said:

I've been looking forward to this game for years. I'm glad I'm gonna get to go. Are we gonna have anyone back this week, or will it basically look like the 2nd half against Loretto?

We got 5 guys that look to be out of this one. 3 lineman, rb, and qb. Hopefully they all return in a few weeks. Not sure about depth, but we fixing to find out. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Rings said:

We got 5 guys that look to be out of this one. 3 lineman, rb, and qb. Hopefully they all return in a few weeks. Not sure about depth, but we fixing to find out. 

Okay. That'll prolly tighten up the score this week, but we honestly looked pretty good in the 2nd half last week. And I know this game won't be approached like a typical Week 2 non-region game. This game means a lot to the players, coaches, and fans.

32 minutes ago, 1RT said:

Okay. That'll prolly tighten up the score this week, but we honestly looked pretty good in the 2nd half last week. And I know this game won't be approached like a typical Week 2 non-region game. This game means a lot to the players, coaches, and fans.

That's the thing that separates coach Rice and coach Crews from a lot of other coaches, every week is prepared for as if it was the state championship game

2 hours ago, Rings said:

They may not be excited about this one as I thought?

I don't think that they aren't excited... they are just really young this year so they probably aren't expecting much. After looking at their next few weeks, I feel like STown probably just wants to stay healthy. After this year though, this game could be a brawl. 

5 minutes ago, gridironman24 said:

I don't think that they aren't excited... they are just really young this year so they probably aren't expecting much. After looking at their next few weeks, I feel like STown probably just wants to stay healthy. After this year though, this game could be a brawl. 

If it's really not a competitive game this year, it won't be next year either. It might be brawl from 2019-on if we keep playing one another. 

2 hours ago, Rings said:

They may not be excited about this one as I thought?

I figure they'll come out of the woodwork if they beat us. 

I expect they'll bring a big crowd. I know WC will pack the home side. The matchup will probably bring out a lot of people that don't normally come.

6 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

How deep are the Cats? Our qb went out with a bad cramp in 2nd half last week and we looked lost. If we had the injuries yall have we would be in trouble

Our qb, lineman that starts on both sides and starting running back all went out by the end of the first half last week and WC scored more in the second half. WC is very deep in the skilled positions but not that deep on lineman, got three out now